AVATAR land construction progress

Incomudro

I always felt it was weird when people called it the "Epcot Ball" or "Golf Ball". When people go to the Magic Kingdom, they don't say "Magic Kingdom Castle" or just "Castle", they call it "Cinderellas Castle"

I would say "The Castle" is what the castle is called most often.
One would not gaze at Spaceship Earth without knowing its name first and say "Spaceship Earth."

Marty Rotondo

Would you like me to give my children a lesson on the geodesic sphere? Whole lot of physics going on there or at least when you hit the size of the one at Epcot.
Not necessarily from a math standpoint.
Its abstract art on a gargantuan scale.
Its a faceless earth. I have never really spent time around children except for when i was one. Ive probably lost touch. But i mean if they ask and want to know, it certainly sounds easier to explain than other things. Like why the sky is blue, or where babies come from.

Cesar R M

I always felt it was weird when people called it the "Epcot Ball" or "Golf Ball". When people go to the Magic Kingdom, they don't say "Magic Kingdom Castle" or just "Castle", they call it "Cinderellas Castle"
Most uneducated or new visitors will always say just "Castle".
hell, they keep confusing disneyland with magic kingdom and disneyworld.
My cousins at first were thinking Magic kingdom was disneyland's orlando version.

mvieguy

There is a Thread for Avatar Discussion, vs Avatar Construction. which half of the above comments do not fall under. can we get this thread back on a Construction theme, instead of Avatar Sequel Delayed or what we will call Spaceship earth

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Saw on Facebook that Avatar 2 might be delayed. Any truth to this?
It's already delayed. It wouldn't be shocking if it got delayed again.

IMHO the sequels are irrelevant to avatarland at AK. The land is definitely getting built either way. It's possible that a delay or outright cancellation of the sequels would negatively impact the chances that this land gets cloned in another Disney park. I don't really care either way if it gets cloned.

HauntedMansionFLA

It's already delayed. It wouldn't be shocking if it got delayed again.

IMHO the sequels are irrelevant to avatarland at AK. The land is definitely getting built either way. It's possible that a delay or outright cancellation of the sequels would negatively impact the chances that this land gets cloned in another Disney park. I don't really care either way if it gets cloned.
I would really like for it to be in just DAK. I could see it being put into DLR's third park"

Incomudro

Problem is they realized a crap formula movie with 3D will not be a great thing now. Avatar lived on 3D which has basically once again come and gone. That was the main selling point of that movie. The story was basic formula, Government bad, big business bad, native lovely people good, honor who lives native life good. Etc. etc. No story just a formula. The big thing was visuals and 3D. That ship has sialed and the problem now is actually coming up with a story.

I agree.
Avatar in my opinion was a movie that worked once for the wow factor.
It was something that was visually new, and visually spectacular.
The story has been done a million times.
I don't understand what the draw back to the theaters for a new version of the series could be.
Bringing the movie to a theme park land, yeah - that's a cool thing to do. An amazing thing.

Cesar R M

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20161211_160816.jpg
20161211_160434.jpg
Took a few pics today. Not much to report back. It is eerily calm around Nomad Lounge and Tiffins. Even saw a guy taking a nap back there It's almost like the calm before the storm.

HauntedMansionFLA

View attachment 179172 View attachment 179171 Took a few pics today. Not much to report back. It is eerily calm around Nomad Lounge and Tiffins. Even saw a guy taking a nap back there It's almost like the calm before the storm.
We were there this past week and there was a small opening in the off to the side. I kept waiting for the hostess to go inside at Tiffins to try and get a photo but never got a chance. She would smile at me because she knew I was up to something. The mountains are really massive in person.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
We were there this past week and there was a small opening in the off to the side. I kept waiting for the hostess to go inside at Tiffins to try and get a photo but never got a chance. She would smile at me because she knew I was up to something. The mountains are really massive in person.
I'll have to go back this week and see if I can find this small opening. I walked through Nomad Lounge to see if I could get a better view. I started getting funny looks so I had to come out with the "Jedi business. Go back to your drinks" line :) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom