AVATAR land construction progress

No Name

I almost feel like calling it a golf ball is more confusing. My parents called it that, and i always wondered what golf had to do with future technologies.

I must ask, how old were you?

Young kids do not comprehend such things as you described above. Neither do people who have never been to and/or are unfamiliar with the park. Rather, they see the object as it appears, a natural thing for a person to do. Does it look like a spaceship? No. Does it look like the earth? Maybe the shape, but not the color.
Does it look like a golf ball? Sure does!

Growing up, I was confused as to why its actual name is "Spaceship Earth," because it's not a spaceship. I still think the actual structure should be named "The Ball" or "The Epcot Ball." Perhaps Disney will do that if it gets a daily projection show.

Mike S

Young kids do not comprehend such things as you described above. Neither do people who have never been to and/or are unfamiliar with the park. Rather, they see the object as it appears, a natural thing for a person to do. Does it look like a spaceship? No. Does it look like the earth? Maybe the shape, but not the color.

Growing up, I was confused as to why its actual name is "Spaceship Earth," because it's not a spaceship. I still think the actual structure should be named "The Ball" or "The Epcot Ball." Perhaps Disney will do that if it gets a daily projection show.
spaceship_earth_meme.jpg

djkidkaz

Should be interesting on a windy day? I guess it depends on close to walk ways etc.

Like they do with the fountains at Epcot they could probably just turn the water level down or turn it off completely if it's affecting guests. Florida doesn't get too many windy days.

Marty Rotondo

10 or so, i think i understood why it was called spaceship earth. The golf thing is what confused me. But thats not really that young to be understanding a basic abstract concept like that. I guess. Idk.

Marty Rotondo

Its the shape from far, it looks like a huge golf ball.
Yes, true. The more i think about it though, it seems like a missed opportunity for parents to introduce abstract thinking/art to their children. Especially since its relatively simple and also a positive message. Do you want your kids to think judy dench is smarter than you?

Edit: that last part is a joke. Preventative measures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom