AVATAR land construction progress

G00fyDad

And you have inside sources to contradict this? Is it unlikely sure. But he seems to be more confident and informed than most of us.

Oh, wow. Okay..... no. I do not have inside sources that contradict this. I have his track record.

I just realized that I got suckered into an argument with a Jim Hill fanatic. You go ahead and post what you feel now. I'm moving on to other threads and things I have to do on my last day of the weekend. ;) Have fun!

KingOfEpicocity

Oh, wow. Okay..... no. I do not have inside sources that contradict this. I have his track record.

I just realized that I got suckered into an argument with a Jim Hill fanatic. You go ahead and post what you feel now. I'm moving on to other threads and things I have to do on my last day of the weekend. ;) Have fun!

Oh trust me I'm not a Jim hill fanatic lol... I didn't say he's the most trustworthy source, but he air Windows more than you do. You have fun too, keep that mind closed for me!

HauntedMansionFLA

James Horner revealed in an interview withHeyUGuys that he will be composing the music forPandora: The Land of Avatar at Disney’a Animal Kingdom in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. The theme park attraction is designed by Walt Disney Imagineering in partnership with James Cameron and Lightstorm Entertainment and will feature the wonders of Pandora, giving parkgoers the chance to “fly with banshees and explore a rich natural environment with mountains that float and interactive plants that glow at night.” Horner has composed the score for James Cameron’s 2009 movie and will return to score the sequel, which is scheduled to be released in 2017. Check out the full interview after the jump. Pandora: The Land of Avatar is currently in construction and is set to open in 2017.

I'm hoping Mr. Horner was able to compose Music to the beautiful land. It would be a nice legacy to his wonderful work.

brb1006

James Horner revealed in an interview withHeyUGuys that he will be composing the music forPandora: The Land of Avatar at Disney’a Animal Kingdom in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. The theme park attraction is designed by Walt Disney Imagineering in partnership with James Cameron and Lightstorm Entertainment and will feature the wonders of Pandora, giving parkgoers the chance to “fly with banshees and explore a rich natural environment with mountains that float and interactive plants that glow at night.” Horner has composed the score for James Cameron’s 2009 movie and will return to score the sequel, which is scheduled to be released in 2017. Check out the full interview after the jump. Pandora: The Land of Avatar is currently in construction and is set to open in 2017.

I'm hoping Mr. Horner was able to compose Music to the beautiful land. It would be a nice legacy to his wonderful work.
I hope most of the music composed by Horner won't remain unfinished.

Cesar R M

If they sway or not, is it really going to make a difference in how much you enjoy the land? Seriously?
every detail is serious business.

The idea is there is a mechanism that makes it away.

Regardless of mechanism or not. Building wise.. dont they need to sway to "dissipate" wind energy? I dont think most of these kind of buildings held by a few beams need to be completely static.

Cesar R M

Yes, just so everyone is clear, this hole is from the beam that was used to lift the mountain into place. It will eventually be patched.

View attachment 152860
Yeah, I remember reading that those holes also have the "water" channeling tubes.
so the rocks wont drop tons of water during rains onto the visitors. And all the tubes go right below the "mountain range".
I read it here.. I wonder if its true or not.

Cesar R M

He's NEVER been credible in my opinion. He gets some things right from time to time (Mainly by glomming onto others that really do have an inside track) but he has been wrong enough times for me to take anything he says as no better than myself spewing it forth on forums.

Again, just my opinion. ;)
kinda like those who keep saying things left and right. sorta "even a broken clock is right at least once a day".

60% percent of the time, he's accurate every time

60% is hardly "accurate every time".

KingOfEpicocity

every detail is serious business.

Regardless of mechanism or not. Building wise.. dont they need to sway to "dissipate" wind energy? I dont think most of these kind of buildings held by a few beams need to be completely static.
A very good point. The mechanism may be designed to let the mountains give in high wind.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah, I remember reading that those holes also have the "water" channeling tubes.
so the rocks wont drop tons of water during rains onto the visitors. And all the tubes go right below the "mountain range".
I read it here.. I wonder if its true or not.

As someone else pointed out those holes have already been plugged up, but in the aerial picture you can see holes on the top of the mountains that might be for rain water control.

RSoxNo1

He's NEVER been credible in my opinion. He gets some things right from time to time (Mainly by glomming onto others that really do have an inside track) but he has been wrong enough times for me to take anything he says as no better than myself spewing it forth on forums.

Again, just my opinion. ;)
That's definitively not true. Jim gets stuff early and that's typically his kryptonite... putting something out too early.

G00fyDad

That's definitively not true. Jim gets stuff early and that's typically his kryptonite... putting something out too early.

:hilarious::hilarious: Okay. Being wrong is still wrong. It doesn't matter if a person makes the story up or tells it too soon and it changes. It is still wrong. Fine. I accept your conclusion that it is not true. If that is the case then he is an incompetent overzealous reporter that is more concerned with "getting the scoop" than reporting facts. That is just as bad or worse. It's about the same as a knife thrower grabbing 20 knives and throwing them all at once to get done early and if anything sticks then saying "Yay! I got one!".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom