AVATAR land construction progress

HauntedMansionFLA

The crowds at DAK were much better and this park was impeccably clean.

We only ventured into Harambe and Discovery Island. We didn't go over to Asia so I never had a chance to see if the floats were out or not. Also, I do not know as far as what, if any, of Pandora can be seen from AKL.

My advice for most people going to DAK is eat at Tiffins. It is both expensive and exotic but totally worth it. After Tiffins, try to have a FP for the Sunset Safari right after sunset. We saw every animal. All three lions were sitting on the rock, the cheetahs were out, rhinos walked right by our safari truck, etc. You name it, we saw it. It was the best experience we have ever had on the safari.
I'll have to try out Tiffins in December. Thanks for the advice about the Safari. I'll have to figure out when the sun sets the first of December and get a FastPass. I haven't the seen the new theatre for the Lion King show. So much to look forward to seeing at DAK. The Tree of Life will be beautiful at night.

flyerjab

With the vines, there is no doubt in my imagination that that thing is floating. Well done, Imagineering...

Yes, when you are there in person it is way more impressive than anything a photo can capture. The foliage looks real. The job they are doing is incredible. If you go there to see it, the path by Tiffins is the main path into Pandora. The view entering that way is going to be breath taking.

Variable

A perfectly gloom way to look at it. No problem.

So, if I follow your last few posts correctly: When you say things might or might not happen, you are optimistic.
When someone else says things might or might not happen, they are pessimistic?

If someone cautions against getting expectations set based on rumors, they somehow unreasonable and are gloom?
But if you set your expectations based on rumors you are not unreasonable, just optimistic?

If I say "lets just wait and see" why am I pessimistic? Why are you not a wild eyed dreamer if you want to believe everything you hear?

Help me out here.

Ismael Flores

Even if they are going to sway, I wonder how long that would last before TDO decides to

A) turn off the effect if they can
B) not maintain it and it breaks down like the yeti

KingOfEpicocity

So, if I follow your last few posts correctly: When you say things might or might not happen, you are optimistic.
When someone else says things might or might not happen, they are pessimistic?

If someone cautions against getting expectations set based on rumors, they somehow unreasonable and are gloom?
But if you set your expectations based on rumors you are not unreasonable, just optimistic?

If I say "lets just wait and see" why am I pessimistic? Why are you not a wild eyed dreamer if you want to believe everything you hear?

Help me out here.

I see you're missing it. Saying, "Toy story land is going to suck? Let's wait and see." And "Avatar could have an awesome swaying mountains effect? Let's wait and see." Are two totally different things. One is pessimistic and one is optimistic. Not saying realism is pessimism.

KingOfEpicocity

I've heard it a lot, but never from a source claiming it's actually something that is planned. I will reconsider my position it you can provide a credible source.

I'll be honest and say I heard it from Jim Hill a while ago? Weather or not it's still a thing? I'm not sure. I'm sure there's millions of pages dedicated to how this is NOT happening and I'll get to see it all...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom