AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member
arent we talking about the floating rocks?

Yes, just so everyone is clear, this hole is from the beam that was used to lift the mountain into place. It will eventually be patched.

upload_2016-7-24_8-34-7.png

KingOfEpicocity

Rumor. Probably started by someone sitting at home reading about the project. If they were installing a mechanism to sway the vines we would have heard about it here a long time ago. Then there would have been the inevitable disco light comments, etc.
Well there you have it then. Is Jim
hill no longer a credible source?

G00fyDad

Well there you have it then. Is Jim
hill no longer a credible source?

He's NEVER been credible in my opinion. He gets some things right from time to time (Mainly by glomming onto others that really do have an inside track) but he has been wrong enough times for me to take anything he says as no better than myself spewing it forth on forums.

Again, just my opinion. ;)

KingOfEpicocity

He's NEVER been credible in my opinion. He gets some things right from time to time (Mainly by glomming onto others that really do have an inside track) but he has been wrong enough times for me to take anything he says as no better than myself spewing it forth on forums.

Again, just my opinion. ;)

Well, he could be right... It's just the things he's told are quickly shot down. That happens.

G00fyDad

Well, he could be right... It's just the things he's told are quickly shot down. That happens.

I'll start believing him when his accuracy rate gets well above 50%. He is still saying that DHS is going to be renamed Disney's Cinematic Kingdom. LOL I would have just as much chance of being right if I stood in a room with accurate and non-accurate items in balloons tacked to a board and threw darts at them while blindfolded.

cmarten

I'll start believing him when his accuracy rate gets well above 50%. He is still saying that DHS is going to be renamed Disney's Cinematic Kingdom. LOL I would have just as much chance of being right if I stood in a room with accurate and non-accurate items in balloons tacked to a board and threw darts at them while blindfolded.
60% percent of the time, he's accurate every time

michmousefan

maybe not all of the "vines"will sway. only the smaller ones.
At the D23 imagineering Pandora exhibit last year, the imagineers I spoke to said that some of the "floating" (they said then mountains, not vines) will occur and that some will have water falling from them. But that was almost a year ago, perhaps part of the cost overruns are due to them not being able to make that happen. We shall have to wait and see when the land opens.

KingOfEpicocity

And you have inside sources to contradict this? Is it unlikely sure. But he seems to be more confident and informed than most of us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom