AVATAR land construction progress

jrogue

Old (and blurry, sorry!!) photo from Everest on 6/14, but I can imagine this view will only get better once it's done!
IMG_1325.jpg

Sped2424

Not sure how familiar you are with the project, but it's been announced that the floating mountains will have water falling from them, thus blocking the visibility of the stick (I assume you mean pipe), giving the perspective of a floating mountain waterfall.
Not sure how you're familiar with this project as that has been stated nowhere lol

gorillaball

View attachment 147785
It's attached to the top of FOP's rock-work. Here's 2 more pics from TP&T's aerials March 2016 (I've kept the colors for comparison):
View attachment 147786
View attachment 147787
OBE

I think I agree with your orange highlights, I'm not sure the ones in Blue (the ones that haven't been touched) are correctly circled in later 2 photos. Pure speculation on my part. Seems they are further out away from the main mountain work - not connected to FoP. Although I have been very confused on their exact placment from the original time I saw them in that March photo, because they just don't show up on any other photos.

OldBlueEyes

I think I agree with your orange highlights, I'm not sure the ones in Blue (the ones that haven't been touched) are correctly circled in later 2 photos. Pure speculation on my part. Seems they are further out away from the main mountain work - not connected to FoP. Although I have been very confused on their exact placment from the original time I saw them in that March photo, because they just don't show up on any other photos.
Well, if You look closely below, You can see that the pictures were taken during the actual assembly:
Roots 2cr.jpg

Roots 3cr.jpg

And if You look at this "old" pic from way back at the start (of the "waterfall"-mountain), You'll see it's the same kind of structure at the foundation:
Roots 1cr.jpg

And they do "exist". They're in the original model:
Roots 4cr.jpg

OBE

Attachments

• Roots 3cr.jpg
    Roots 3cr.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

gorillaball

Here's a real closeup (From Mako Madnes). You can see the gray "cages" (in lack of a better word) they are assembling in the first 2 pics, in the middle of both structures.
View attachment 147803
OBE

Got it. They just look further segregated in the angle from EE compared to anything else. Segregated from FoP building and also further apart from each other. But in reality in comparison to each other there is a big one and a little one. Not one closer to the view point and one further away.
Back to original point, it is interesting those are pretty much untouched still. You'd have to think they are very close to being next in line.

OldBlueEyes

I just need to follow in @twebber55 's footsteps and say that you are great at updating this thread. Thanks for the photos!
Thanx :D
Had I been closer, I would've updated with my own pics, but as it is now, living in Norway (as in Scandinavia, not EPCOT ;))
all I can do is "vacuum" the net, archive them and pull them out again when they are needed!
OBE

twebber55

Got it. They just look further segregated in the angle from EE compared to anything else. Segregated from FoP building and also further apart from each other. But in reality in comparison to each other there is a big one and a little one. Not one closer to the view point and one further away.
Back to original point, it is interesting those are pretty much untouched still. You'd have to think they are very close to being next in line.
i think they are working left to right and i also think those will be attached pieces not so much poured rock work (although i could be wrong about that)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom