AVATAR land construction progress

mickey v-neck

i think over hyping wont be an issue here for this project and im actually glad its getting under hyped
i do think its the one problem with Diagon Alley and specifically Gringotts
People talked as if its the greatest thing ever and then it wasn't (even though its very good)

I don't think Disney will under hype this land. I think we'll start to see a lot of build up as it gets closer to opening.

Not to get too off topic, but why were you underwhelmed by Diagon/Gringotts? I was totally blown away. I will be ecstatic if Avatar lives up to that standard.

twebber55

I don't think Disney will under hype this land. I think we'll start to see a lot of build up as it gets closer to opening.

Not to get too off topic, but why were you underwhelmed by Diagon/Gringotts? I was totally blown away. I will be ecstatic if Avatar lives up to that standard.
couple points
1. its not whether disney will over hype it but the online community is under hyping it
2. i loved DA and Gringotts but the online talk before gringotts opened was it would be ground breaking and blow all other rides away

odmichael

Honestly, the only safe time to book your trip is when the land has actually opened. This sort of thing is to unpredictable to plan a vacation around.
This is a fair statement. The reality though is I really don't want to go back to Disney until this is open. So I will wait until more information is available.

twebber55

gives you an idea how big this mtn is look at people to the right
this bottom picture is that mtn
pandora-mountain.jpg

JustInTime

Every guest who drives into Animal Kingdom sees the avatar show building and the rocks on a stick. You see it on the curve on the way to the parking lot it's not backstage access. The reason I give Disneyland a pass is that for backstage and access there has to be some sort of entry way somewhere. Granted they could do better sure. But again when you have the "Blessing of Size" and tons of expansion pads and places to hide critical show elements why would you do anything but. Rocks on the sticks kills the illusion of anything floating.
07-15-13-IMG_5333.jpg

This ^ is nowhere near as bad as this
bioreconstruct-2016-06-05-3-jpg.144966
I don't think the bottom picture is complete

Walter Yensid

Here is a shot prior to park opening this AM. Going back shortly for nighttime at AK and will try to get one near Rain Forest. I did get to look over there and many people working on this main mountain today. Will try to upload a closer one because some of the scaffolding has come down on this mountain in certain sections and many other areas look close to done. The finished sections look as good as the other pics shown.

Honestly, I have been reading everyone's posts on here, but was still taken aback by how tall this is even from some distance away. Impressive engineering. I envision several people tripping over the feet looking up as they go underneath or near it. We thought it was bad with people looking down at their phone while walking...Disney better put up the warning signs. haha

HouseHacker97

View attachment 147344
Here is a shot prior to park opening this AM. Going back shortly for nighttime at AK and will try to get one near Rain Forest. I did get to look over there and many people working on this main mountain today. Will try to upload a closer one because some of the scaffolding has come down on this mountain in certain sections and many other areas look close to done. The finished sections look as good as the other pics shown.

Honestly, I have been reading everyone's posts on here, but was still taken aback by how tall this is even from some distance away. Impressive engineering. I envision several people tripping over the feet looking up as they go underneath or near it. We thought it was bad with people looking down at their phone while walking...Disney better put up the warning signs. haha
thanks for the picture! it really does look spectacular. If it looks this nice incomplete and from outside the park, i can't wait to see it fully furnished stepping inside the land.

OldBlueEyes

View attachment 147344

Thanx for pic! Yes, please try and get some closeups from "back-entrance" to Rain Forest.
OBE

MayorLionheart

Every guest who drives into Animal Kingdom sees the avatar show building and the rocks on a stick. You see it on the curve on the way to the parking lot it's not backstage access. The reason I give Disneyland a pass is that for backstage and access there has to be some sort of entry way somewhere. Granted they could do better sure. But again when you have the "Blessing of Size" and tons of expansion pads and places to hide critical show elements why would you do anything but. Rocks on the sticks kills the illusion of anything floating.
07-15-13-IMG_5333.jpg

This ^ is nowhere near as bad as this
bioreconstruct-2016-06-05-3-jpg.144966

Not sure how familiar you are with the project, but it's been announced that the floating mountains will have water falling from them, thus blocking the visibility of the stick (I assume you mean pipe), giving the perspective of a floating mountain waterfall.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not sure how familiar you are with the project, but it's been announced that the floating mountains will have water falling from them, thus blocking the visibility of the stick (I assume you mean pipe), giving the perspective of a floating mountain waterfall.

Where did you read this? I could see a water fall off some of the big floating mountains, but not enough to hid the supports, and I really don't see them doing it with the small ones on top the show building.

sedati

I believe the large floating mountain on the left, the one that's basically hovering over a small pond, will hide it's mount with water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom