AVATAR land construction progress

cjkeating

Here's a photo taken by someone who decided to run up a berm to take a shot over the fence
DIsjCSG.jpg

Great picture... I'm a little thrown by the angle this is taken from, can anyone clarify what the building in the front is expected to be?

olie64

I'm excited to see this finished. And I honestly disliked the movie, it be interesting to see it as a land. Animal Kingdom is my favorite park.

Cesar R M

The building is circled in red. Normal pictures that have been posted here and other sites are taken from the blue vantage point. This individual climbed a berm to take the picture from the pink vantage point.

0hCBkyg.png
not all of them.. a lot of them are taken from the tiffins area (camp mickey bridge)

HauntedMansionFLA

We will be heading down to the World at the first of December 2016. Any chance this will be ready for a soft opening at that time? Just hoping there will be a chance. :)

HauntedMansionFLA

I think we're looking at 2017, but you will definitely be able to enjoy extended nighttime hours, nighttime safari, and Rivers of Light
I know it's would be a long shot. BUT I'm looking forward to all of the night time offerings. DAK takes on a different vibe when it goes dark. I loved it when they had the night extra Magic Hours a few years back.

Cesar R M

I wouldn't agree a lot come from Tiffins. Here's the view from Tiffins
lJw5Xuf.jpg

vs where I highlighted in blue
T5s6NUD.jpg

I'm sure some come from the Tiffins area, but all you can really see is the one floating mountain.
good point on the angle.

I suppose I was lucky I was carrying a really long lens..

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I thought they were aiming to open Avatar when the 2nd movie came out in 2017, of course that may now change as the movie has been pushed back as they don't want to open at the same time as SW EP VIII

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I thought they were aiming to open Avatar when the 2nd movie came out in 2017, of course that may now change as the movie has been pushed back as they don't want to open at the same time as SW EP VIII

The movie was scheduled to open December 2017 but all indications were that the land was going to open well before that, so I don't see the change in the movies release having any impact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom