AVATAR land construction progress

flyerjab

We will be heading down to the World at the first of December 2016. Any chance this will be ready for a soft opening at that time? Just hoping there will be a chance. :)

The land itself might not be open, but, the view of the floating mountains from behind Rainforest Cafe at that point should be nothing short of spectacular.

And as someone else pointed out above, enjoy the sunset safari and the RoL show! I cannot wait for those to debut.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The land itself might not be open, but, the view of the floating mountains from behind Rainforest Cafe at that point should be nothing short of spectacular.

And as someone else pointed out above, enjoy the sunset safari and the RoL show! I cannot wait for those to debut.

As a person whose wife makes him haul around an SLR with multiple lenses I have to admit, I'm fantasizing about some of the new photo backdrops that will be available.

BrianLo

One of my favourite exercises, I can now use a major project that isn't RSR as a gauge of how far along Pandora is.

Roaring Mountain 1 year ago

6B3484E983B51754F8523EF8301B252B.JPG

D147B3A4CC395A08C754450A538643B4.JPG

12 months later it is cycling and one of the few SDL rides people are confident will be open.

roaring.jpg~original

What does it mean? Don't expect to be stepping foot in Pandora this year, but things still strongly point to the first half of 2017, as usual.

JohnWD

It appears that the first Avatarland permit has appeared....

The description of the work is "Morpho - Area Development Early Package" and Morpho is one of the Avatar project code names. The contractor is Balfour Beatty and expires 10/31/2016.

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl...71.pdf?id=DOC1315S2969.A0&parent=DOC1315S2969

We will be heading down to the World at the first of December 2016. Any chance this will be ready for a soft opening at that time? Just hoping there will be a chance. :)
One of my favourite exercises, I can now use a major project that isn't RSR as a gauge of how far along Pandora is.

Roaring Mountain 1 year ago

6B3484E983B51754F8523EF8301B252B.JPG

D147B3A4CC395A08C754450A538643B4.JPG

12 months later it is cycling and one of the few SDL rides people are confident will be open.

roaring.jpg~original

What does it mean? Don't expect to be stepping foot in Pandora this year, but things still strongly point to the first half of 2017, as usual.
First permit in November 2013, so 3 years later is December 2016. Without an insider telling us what the latest construction schedule has for the completion date, my speculation is soft openings will begin somewhere between December 1 2016 and June 1 2017.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
First permit in November 2013, so 3 years later is December 2016. Without an insider telling us what the latest construction schedule has for the completion date, my speculation is soft openings will begin somewhere between December 1 2016 and June 1 2017.

Since you bring up permits, it's interesting to note that the Avatar permits still have the December 31, 2018 expiration date, even ones that have been filed recently.

mikeh

Since you bring up permits, it's interesting to note that the Avatar permits still have the December 31, 2018 expiration date, even ones that have been filed recently.

How much of an indication of an opening date can expiration dates be on a permit though?

Last edited:

JohnWD

:):):)
Oh Emperor of all things related to "permits" please explain to your humble servants the implications of Avatar Dec 2018 permit expiration dates!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom