AVATAR land construction progress

A foolish mortal

Cesar R M

Another look at some grass.
xvfpIPv.jpg

Anyone know what they plan on doing about these sightlines?
uDaLkVT.jpg

VdUkr9J.jpg
nice photos! thank you!!!

they are progressing nicely!

Brian Swan

higher O2 content in the pandora atmo... would make chlorophyll more vibrant (required more to fix CO2) all the colors should be more vibrant, since this is NOT EARTH we are looking at. it looks as though the taller elements are a bit more toned down, to look less candyland when seen from outside of the avatar setpieces
Also possibly part of the forced perspective illusion. Items with more muted colors, less contrast, and less detail are interpreted by the brain as being farther away. If the lower rockwork is very vibrant and has a lot of texture and detail, the higher rockwork, with less, will be interpreted as being even farther away than it actually is. This enhances the "forced geometry" of the structure itself in a more subconscious way.

ToTBellHop

Also possibly part of the forced perspective illusion. Items with more muted colors, less contrast, and less detail are interpreted by the brain as being farther away. If the lower rockwork is very vibrant and has a lot of texture and detail, the higher rockwork, with less, will be interpreted as being even farther away than it actually is. This enhances the "forced geometry" of the structure itself in a more subconscious way.
Also, as they always point out with repainting, it will fade (in this case through one whole summer before opening to guests).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was shocked to see so many new photos of construction update on Avatar on this thread. Why arent these being posted to the main page? I had assumed there werent any new photos out there. Thanks for getting these up. I am stoked about this now.

The news part of the site only posts pictures that the operators of the site take. On the forum you will find threads for every project going on around WDW and you will usually see pretty regular photos taken by members of the forum, or ones found on other sites.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom