AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I saw someone talking about multiple entrances to avatar land. Just from looking at the model I assumed they could do 2 or 3 the obvious one would be the old CMM entrance then you could have another entrance that goes to the middle of the land. This is just from me looking at the model too but I really hope there is just one entrance.

There will be two, the old CMM entrance and another one that leads to Africa. I am not aware of a third.

Cesar R M

There will be two, the old CMM entrance and another one that leads to Africa. I am not aware of a third.
so, camp mickey and minnie (to discovery island), the path to Harambe (Africa), Perhaps the third will be in the area that goes into Rainforest path? (between Rainforest and the MyMagic service center's in the OASIS area). Where the waterfall is.
I remember seeing construction around in February. Not sure what they did after that.

disney-animal-kingdom-map.jpg

djkidkaz

so, camp mickey and minnie (to discovery island), the path to Harambe (Africa), Perhaps the third will be in the area that goes into Rainforest path? (between Rainforest and the MyMagic service center's in the OASIS area). Where the waterfall is.
I remember seeing construction around in February. Not sure what they did after that.

disney-animal-kingdom-map.jpg

The issue I see with this is that it allows you to avoid following the Oasis to the Tree of Life. I think they still want to keep the idea of using the Oasis to get you into the proper mindset of AK and I doubt they would want to lose that initial grand reveal of the Tree of Life from the Oasis.

P_Radden

I've thought about that option before, especially when considering DinoLand connecting to the front Oasis entrance area to complete the outer loop.But yeah, I agree with djkidaz, I just don't think Disney will ever do that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I've thought about that option before, especially when considering DinoLand connecting to the front Oasis entrance area to complete the outer loop.But yeah, I agree with djkidaz, I just don't think Disney will ever do that.

I agree, I doubt they will do this for Avatar. It will be interesting to see if they do add the path from Dinoland to the Oasis to help with the crowds exiting Rivers of Light.

Rteetz

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member

matt9112

Rememebr the Soarin ride has 4 theaters, one of the reasons it's so big.

The floating mountain structure is just insane. Just look at all the temporary structure they had to put in place to hold it up while it's being built.

I know we don't know seat count ect but any speculation on hourly capacity? Has disney learned it's lesson ?

dstrawn9889

well if it is the Vekoma PFS, each theater can hold either 90(std) or 160(large). so then we need show cycle time... so we take soarin' for example at just under 5 minutes. so each theater allowing 5 mins for load/unload can run 6 cycles per hour (450 and 800). now there are 4 theaters so the hourly load at full capacity would be around 1800 or 3200.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom