AVATAR land construction progress

articos

Are Disney Park's construction workers outsourced or are they considered imagineers too? Just curious
Construction sites have a variety of people on them. Walt Disney Imagineering oversee the contracts to build whatever it is needs to be built. Those contracts are bid out to contractors and vendors who hire their own crews, which would make up the majority of the workers out there. WDI has project management and oversight roles, as well as specific artist roles for specific parts of a project that might be a specific talent or need from within. But most construction personnel are not WDI or internal with the company.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Anyone knows if Disney will plant larger trees behind guest relations so Pandora doesn't intrude in the oasis?

I'd like that to happen

I don't know how necessary that will be. All you will see it's the tops of the rock work which will likely have a lot of foliage on them so they probably won't look that out of place.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Construction sites have a variety of people on them. Walt Disney Imagineering oversee the contracts to build whatever it is needs to be built. Those contracts are bid out to contractors and vendors who hire their own crews, which would make up the majority of the workers out there. WDI has project management and oversight roles, as well as specific artist roles for specific parts of a project that might be a specific talent or need from within. But most construction personnel are not WDI or internal with the company.

In this case the general contractor is Balfour Beatty Construction a major commercial contractor that has done other projects for Disney.

Rteetz

Picture I saw on Facebook likely from the 5k at AK this morning

image.jpeg

HauntedMansionFLA

Does anyone have any idea how long the boat ride will be? I'm glad they released some information alittle while back and stated it was going to be a D-attraction. I'm hopefully length wise to be at least like Pirates - would like awesome if it was as long as splash. Looks like two great attractions and a rumored third one ( doesn't have to be a ride). Any feedback or knowledge would be helpful.

dreamscometrue

Does anyone have any idea how long the boat ride will be? I'm glad they released some information alittle while back and stated it was going to be a D-attraction. I'm hopefully length wise to be at least like Pirates - would like awesome if it was as long as splash. Looks like two great attractions and a rumored third one ( doesn't have to be a ride). Any feedback or knowledge would be helpful.
I don't think Disney stated that it was going to be a 'D'. I think that was an interpretation of the info released at D23. I don't believe that Disney used that terminology in any media anymore, but I may be wrong.

I do think it will be a solid 'D' attraction though...excited for this ride.

Edit: You may have read this..."Opening in 2017, the Na'vi River Journey is the land's second attraction, offering a D-Ticket class family river ride through Pandora's bioluminescent rainforest. The river cruise will provide an alternative experience for those guests who may not wish to experience the land's more thrilling AVATAR Flight of Passage attraction", but I believe that was @wdwmagic comment on the Disney Park Blogs released info.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't think Disney stated that it was going to be a 'D'. I think that was an interpretation of the info released at D23. I don't believe that Disney used that terminology in any media anymore, but I may be wrong.

I do think it will be a solid 'D' attraction though...excited for this ride.

Edit: You may have read this..."Opening in 2017, the Na'vi River Journey is the land's second attraction, offering a D-Ticket class family river ride through Pandora's bioluminescent rainforest. The river cruise will provide an alternative experience for those guests who may not wish to experience the land's more thrilling AVATAR Flight of Passage attraction", but I believe that was @wdwmagic comment on the Disney Park Blogs released info.

Disney didn't use the D designation publically, but it was on the leaked blueprints for the ride, so that's probably where that came from.

flyerjab

The leaked blueprints said C-ticket IIRC

Yes, you are right, thanks for the correction.

IIRC, there was an article in a California based magazine that indicated that it was going to be a D-Ticket level attraction. I am almost certain of it because I remember the excitement that generated when it was published.

EDIT: Actually, I just googled it and one of the first links that came up calling this ride a D-Ticket level attraction is this site! :)

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...y-coming-to-pandora---the-world-of-avatar.htm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom