AVATAR land construction progress

Pumbaa1222

I don't mind Dinorama, I just think that if you are going to go to the trouble of having a carnival setup -- have more than two rides. If Chester and Hester's actually had 4 rides, it would help to justify its existence and make a big difference with the problem of DAK not having enough stuff to do (especially with plans to extnd the park's hours).

I know there is a lot of hate for Dinoland, but I quite enjoy the back story for the land. Maybe it was an after-thought, but Chester and Hester's feels very much like the struggle that happens in the US. The Dino Institute and the commercialization. I'd welcome an expansion with more back story.

twebber55

I know there is a lot of hate for Dinoland, but I quite enjoy the back story for the land. Maybe it was an after-thought, but Chester and Hester's feels very much like the struggle that happens in the US. The Dino Institute and the commercialization. I'd welcome an expansion with more back story.
yeah i hate that i even made a comment because this always comes down to personal taste

NoChesterHester

Backstories are necessary in theme parks when trying to explain away a bad idea.

dstrawn9889

dinoland needs something like a omnimover ride of dinosaurs through the ages, showing how people reacted to them from the discovery of dino skeletons through ---

roj2323

Sadly, the only justifiable reason to support Dinoland's existence is for capacity.

I get that. I just wish they would replace portions of dinoland with rides that are more unique. I can ride a wild mouse coaster in nearly every major theme park and sometimes at larger county or state fairs. I just think the attraction is a waste of space. Keep the area dino themed just get rid of the cheesy carnival aspects.

matt9112

my two cents....sit down you may want a glass of water.

I do not mind the carnival style of chester and hesters however continuing the theme "the original theme" of dinosaur would be great...more realistic research/science area..would have been much better than chester and hester.

on a side note i hope Pandora is less godly hot than the rest of DAK they need more cooling areas and or indoor areas. In the form of eateries,shops,rides waiting in like for river adventure felt like a prison march.

Kurt Hauk

They should just add a Dino themed midway mania to that area. It would draw huge crowds and add in an attraction that is much needed in the park. The technology is already there so the cost of it would be far less than it was for the Toy Story one. Do this and that area would be far more appealing. It could probably be completed in a year or so and would help the park greatly until the new land opens.

djkidkaz

they could use a gravatron or wipeout style of ride to change every few months... keep it fresh.

gravitron.jpg

Soarin' Over Pgh

I wish it wasn't parking lot themed. I understand why, I just wish it wasn't. There are so many better ideas than.. than that... but hey, I didn't build the place. :\

A Jurassic themed area- or at least one lush with vegetation (instead of ..cracked concrete) and even some misters (there ya go, a cooling station) would be a fantastic addition.

Beholder

I wish it wasn't parking lot themed. I understand why, I just wish it wasn't. There are so many better ideas than.. than that... but hey, I didn't build the place. :\

A Jurassic themed area- or at least one lush with vegetation (instead of ..cracked concrete) and even some misters (there ya go, a cooling station) would be a fantastic addition.

Anything to help cool off AK!

I wish they'd pave over the whole Dinorama area and build an attraction featuring the marine reptiles of the prehistoric era. It's an overlooked gold mine of animals that would (If done with a good budget) be amazing. Who doesn't like King Kong sized sea serpents and giant sharks?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I don't mind Dinorama, I just think that if you are going to go to the trouble of having a carnival setup -- have more than two rides. If Chester and Hester's actually had 4 rides, it would help to justify its existence and make a big difference with the problem of DAK not having enough stuff to do (especially with plans to extnd the park's hours).

Agreed 110%. I would actually say that 4 rides is a minimum for this type of set up. Two rides is pushing the limits of ridiculousness.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
They should just add a Dino themed midway mania to that area. It would draw huge crowds and add in an attraction that is much needed in the park. The technology is already there so the cost of it would be far less than it was for the Toy Story one. Do this and that area would be far more appealing. It could probably be completed in a year or so and would help the park greatly until the new land opens.

Not a bad idea. Not bad at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom