AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Are they going to do a roller coaster similar to the Dragon/Gringott's ride at WWOHP? With the flying creatures? That'd be nifty.

There was talk of something like this at one point, but there is no indication at this point that they will be doing this. There is nothing in the concept art, and nothing can be seen in the construction that would indicate something like this was being built.

EdC

Progress from the bus this morning

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 229

flyerjab

Nice picture!

What I am going to be curious to see is what happens after the steel is finished. How much of this will resemble the theming and how much will resemble the back of a building. Also will be curious to note if they plant more trees to cover this up as you approach DAK in the buses. I originally suggested that the entire show building should be made to look like you are climbing the mountains to look for the banshees. I am really hoping beyond hope that they follow this idea and theme this unlike another queue at any park. The immersion factor would be remarkable.

Also, since I don't have any construction experience, I have wondered if all steel for this will be erected for everything, and then the utilities and theming in that order happen for every structure at the same time. A lot of work has been around the simulator building and the boat ride. I would have thought that steel work would have also started on the floating mountains due to their height and size.

dstrawn9889

Nice picture!

What I am going to be curious to see is what happens after the steel is finished. How much of this will resemble the theming and how much will resemble the back of a building. Also will be curious to note if they plant more trees to cover this up as you approach DAK in the buses. I originally suggested that the entire show building should be made to look like you are climbing the mountains to look for the banshees. I am really hoping beyond hope that they follow this idea and theme this unlike another queue at any park. The immersion factor would be remarkable.

Also, since I don't have any construction experience, I have wondered if all steel for this will be erected for everything, and then the utilities and theming in that order happen for every structure at the same time. A lot of work has been around the simulator building and the boat ride. I would have thought that steel work would have also started on the floating mountains due to their height and size.
the steel for the CORE of the building has been set, the outer curtain wall around the screens themselves have not been set

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
Nice picture!

@Tom would be the best person to chime in on this but maybe they are starting steelwork on the buildings in the center of the area and will expand outward.

EdC

There are also areas between the rainforest cafe and the park where you can see directly in to the construction parking lot. I didn't go closer because I didn't want to disturb vegetation to get a good picture.

Separately, they sure are working on rivers of light during the daytime. Kinda loud at the dinoland entrance.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
The-Tree-of-Life_Full_2801.jpg;width=638

like they did with the tree?

formed remesh and then shock-creted then sculpted
Shotcrete is an entirely different thing from cast-in-place or tilt-up, although my guess for the floating mountains would be something similar to the tree. Such a large, top-heavy structure would almost have to have a steel-framed core.
Because they'll be "floating", I wonder if they'll be pre-cast and painted fiberglass shells over a steel support structure, something similar to Eric's castle at Little Mermaid.

-Rob
This would be my guess as well. If it's anywhere near the size shown in the model, they'll want the lightest material possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom