AVATAR land construction progress

Clamman73

What do we think is going on at the top of the theatre building??? Just an exterior facade detail for later on?

doctornick

I wonder how many people can go on that ride and the boat ride per hour?

There will be four theaters with the Banshee ride. Each theater itself won't have that great of capacity (i.e. look at Soarin' and its capacity) but four total theaters will help out a lot.

I know people have made estimations before here. IIRC, the general thought was 700-800 ppl/hr each theater which would be 2800-3200 ppl/hr for the whole ride, which would be pretty large.

HauntedMansionFLA

That thing is looking huge. Can't wait.
I believe the person who did the rock work on CarsLand and Tokyo DisneySea's Mysterious Island will be working on the Avatar project. It does look huge and people will be eating their words once it comes out.
What do we think is going on at the top of the theatre building??? Just an exterior facade detail for later on?
View attachment 81018
thanks for the great pictures - I hope people keep posting pictures each or two to see the progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Clamman73

I believe the person who did the rock work on CarsLand and Tokyo DisneySea's Mysterious Island will be working on the Avatar project. It does look huge and people will be eating their words once it comes out.

thanks for the great pictures - I hope people keep posting pictures each or two to see the progress
That's from @WDWtraveler

flyerjab

I'm hoping that they've learned their lesson from all the people who die gasping for
air on Space Mountain, drown horribly in Little Mermaid, freeze solid on the peak
of the Forbidden Mountain, and never return from the Tower of Terror.

This wholesale slaughter of guests must end.

I don't even have the energy anymore to respond to the post that you responded to so adroitly. Thank you for your fitting response, equal parts of both brevity and sarcasm.

Progress.City

I'm hoping that they've learned their lesson from all the people who die gasping for
air on Space Mountain, drown horribly in Little Mermaid, freeze solid on the peak
of the Forbidden Mountain, and never return from the Tower of Terror.

This wholesale slaughter of guests must end.
Besides those things, I meant the poisonous Pandora air to human beings.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Besides those things, I meant the poisonous Pandora air to human beings.
We are all going to be required to purchase special drinks that have been "treated with a special chemical formula that counteracts the poisons in the air". It's part of their new strategy. Instead of allowing people the option of buying things, like food, drinks, merch, they are going to start to require the guests to the new Pandora section to purchase them.

They'll make a big deal out of it for the sake of the Show of course. Lines of people outside waiting to purchase their mandatory spiked Sprite and Coke products. They'll be able to enforce it via MagicBand, tracking who has and has not purchased their required drink in the souvenir gas-mask shaped mug.

To enhance the Story, they will have cast hidden in the bio-luminescent plantlife next to the entrance to Pandora equipped with canisters of targeted-delivery nerve gas. If someone tries to sneak by the Soda Checkpoint, they will be gassed.

It's the little things like this, the commitment to realism, that really sets Disney apart from the competition.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
What are they doing about the Oxygen problem?

comic-book-guy-shrugs.jpg

Um excuse me but its not the lack of oxygen, but the high concentration of carbon dioxide in the Pandoran atmosphere makes it extremely poisonous to humans, rendering them unconscious in about 20 seconds and causing death in about 4 minutes. The hydrogen sulfide present is also quite poisonous; concentrations over 1000 ppm (0.1 %) can cause immediate collapse with subsequent loss of breathing, even after inhalation of a single breath.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom