AVATAR land construction progress

P_Radden

Where is that?
That is in ST along the exit ramp down into the store.

@marni1971 Can you say if there is any hidden importance to those breakers? I know 74 used it as his avatar for a while. Just wondering, those do not look like anything from Star Wars (I've never seen a Square D logo on the Millennium Falcon), so I thought maybe there is some sort of "hidden mickey" type reference with these breakers by the ride's imagineers?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

@marni1971 Can you say if there is any hidden importance to those breakers? I know 74 used it as his avatar for a while. Just wondering, those do not look like anything from Star Wars (I've never seen a Square D logo on the Millennium Falcon), so I thought maybe there is some sort of "hidden mickey" type reference with these breakers by the ride's imagineers?
I want to say yes there's significance, but typically I can't remember what.

Musicman20

It looks HUGE from those photos. Seems there is a lot to do before it opens. I don't think I could handle arriving in May/June 2017 knowing it may/may not be properly 'open'....after the loss of excitement with Rivers of Light last October time.

I hope to be back in Orlando no later than Sept 2018.

HouseHacker97

I really appreciate the attention to detail in these native plants and scenery. I can imagine the bioluminescence will really make the little pond pop with color and life
Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 2.29.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 2.29.35 PM.png

tribbleorlfl

Can any one opine on how much of Avatarland is going to be devoted to the fictional animals themselves? My hope was there would be lots of animal interactions and exhibits in the trails and such, but seeing these blueprints and recent aerials give me the impression the only Pandoran wildlife we experience will be on the rides. It seems like the focus of the expansion is on the Na'vi and their culture. Seems like an odd choice for an animal theme park.

Ken brion

Square D is a commercially available series of circuit breakers, general electrical devices, switches, controllers... the finish applied to the items in question is simply a patina for theming.

P_Radden

Square D is a commercially available series of circuit breakers, general electrical devices, switches, controllers... the finish applied to the items in question is simply a patina for theming.

Thanks Mr. Obvious. :)

No seriously, I knew all of that... I'm wondering what significance (if any) the words "MAIN BKR PANEL 7 BKR 4" have, or if there is any other sort of Imagineering easter egg there.

That whole breaker panel just looks out of theme for the shop IMO.

RandySavage

Can any one opine on how much of Avatarland is going to be devoted to the fictional animals themselves? My hope was there would be lots of animal interactions and exhibits in the trails and such, but seeing these blueprints and recent aerials give me the impression the only Pandoran wildlife we experience will be on the rides. It seems like the focus of the expansion is on the Na'vi and their culture. Seems like an odd choice for an animal theme park.

I think your impression is likely correct (animals will be seen in the rides only), but I also think that this is in keeping with the other lands (i.e., Harambe, Anandapur, Serka Zong all being cultural exhibits: human towns, featuring human-based ventures such as 'hotels' & bars).

Last edited:

TWSITT

Reposting the pictures again in higher resolution so everyone can enjoy the crazy details:
PandoraAerial-01092017-1.jpg

PandoraAerial-01092017-2.jpg

PandoraAerial-01092017-3.jpg

PandoraAerial-01092017-4.jpg
PandoraAerial-01092017-5.jpg
PandoraAerial-01092017-6.jpg
PandoraAerial-01092017-7.jpg
PandoraAerial-01092017-8.jpg
This really does look incredible. This is the type of magic I know Disney is capable of. Seeing these pictures the other day made me want to watch the movie again, since I hadn't seen it since it first came out. I got about 35 mins into it and had to stop. I really really don't enjoy the movie (it may just be how bad of an actor Sam Worthington is). However, I am extremely exited to visit this land when it opens!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It would appear that way, but what about sight lines from be the other side of that building. It is uncovered, and would give away the illusion.

You could build an entirely indoor attraction back there with just the entrance being connected to the current land, otherwise they would have to theme the other sides of the show building as part of the expansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom