AVATAR land construction progress

Magic Feather

My assumption is this is certainly avail for expansion - it's a decent sized area if you look at it from the right angle.
View attachment 184253
This is the planned expansion pad, however, a Pandora expansion is very, very unlikely.
That would be most likely. There is also room for something small here, or something larger if they re-routed the back stage and access road.

View attachment 184270
This is what I consider to be one of AK's most interesting expansion pad. It is by no means planned for expansion as of yet, but it has been looked at for both an exoansion of Pandora, a new attraction for Africa, and even its own miniland. What its fate will be remains to be seen, and will remainto be seen for quite a while.

twebber55

This is the planned expansion pad, however, a Pandora expansion is very, very unlikely.

This is what I consider to be one of AK's most interesting expansion pad. It is by no means planned for expansion as of yet, but it has been looked at for both an exoansion of Pandora, a new attraction for Africa, and even its own miniland. What its fate will be remains to be seen, and will remainto be seen for quite a while.
@Magic Feather still feeling late spring early summer opening?

HauntedMansionFLA

Africa would be nice. You would have to see if the other Avatar movies come out and if they are as successful as the first one.

gorillaball

Africa would be nice. You would have to see if the other Avatar movies come out and if they are as successful as the first one.

I think it has very little to do with the other movies, much more the impact and demand of this land in particular but I do agree with you, expansion pretty unlikely. It would however be easier/quicker than a brand new land somewhere, the basic land infrastructure already surrounds it - bathrooms/gift shop/restaurant. But Disney doing a singular ride addition seems to be pretty rare currently.

Mike S

Knowing Disney's recent kick the most obvious thing I see is using it for a small Pride Lands expansion of Africa. What I would prefer is a new miniland. What would it be, I don't know. Surprise me.

Timothy_Q

A variation of Mystic Point would be a great mini land between Africa and Pandora.
With a tweaked storyline, more focused on nature

latest

doctornick

That's the area I keep thinking should be the next expansion for DAK. The walk from the FOTLK to Pandora is pretty long. It's pretty odd the way they put the bathrooms for FOTLK there kinda in the of nowhere a bit -- almost like they were planning to put another attraction or something next to FOTLK across from the bathrooms.

In any event, I'd love to have a mini-land along that Africa to Pandora path. My suggestion has been to have a "Critter Country" with a North American theme and have attractions using animal IPs that aren't otherwise used -- like Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, Lady and the Tramp, Pocahontas, etc. -- which can also include the requisite M&G. Some smaller scale dark rides would be perfect for DAK.

Heck, you want to make fanboys squeal, you can put in a new version Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (though I don't think anthropomorphic animals like that work well in DAK).

brb1006

That's the area I keep thinking should be the next expansion for DAK. The walk from the FOTLK to Pandora is pretty long. It's pretty odd the way they put the bathrooms for FOTLK there kinda in the of nowhere a bit -- almost like they were planning to put another attraction or something next to FOTLK across from the bathrooms.

In any event, I'd love to have a mini-land along that Africa to Pandora path. My suggestion has been to have a "Critter Country" with a North American theme and have attractions using animal IPs that aren't otherwise used -- like Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, Lady and the Tramp, Pocahontas, etc. -- which can also include the requisite M&G. Some smaller scale dark rides would be perfect for DAK.

Heck, you want to make fanboys squeal, you can put in a new version Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (though I don't think anthropomorphic animals like that work well in DAK).
I think Bambi,The Jungle Book, and Tarzan would fit better compared to 101 Dalmatians and Lady And The Tramp since both are set in a different era. While Bambi,The Jungle Book, and Tarzan are mainly set in a forest/jungle setting.

doctornick

I think Bambi,The Jungle Book, and Tarzan would fit better compared to 101 Dalmatians and Lady And The Tramp since both are set in a different era. While Bambi,The Jungle Book, and Tarzan are mainly set in a forest/jungle setting.

I was trying to go for properties that are North America based. Bambi is more of a forest than a jungle. Tarzan or The Jungle Book would IMHO be reasonable IPs to put into Africa or Asia respectively. The recent Jungle Book movie would actually fit in perfectly with the setting of Anandapur.

Timothy_Q

a North American theme and have attractions using animal IPs that aren't otherwise used -- like Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, Lady and the Tramp, Pocahontas, etc.

Not to be *that* guy, but Dalmatians is set in London.

Bambi, Brother Bear and Pocahontas could all kinda fit the conservation theme of AK, but stuff like Dalmatians, Lady and the Tramp and Aristocats have no place there, regardless of them being animals

Nickels5

If they are going to do something with Africa I would love a lion king dark ride.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member

I think we will have to wait and see on this. If the crowds are as large as I think they will be and the next movie is a hit, expansion would seem very likely. I just hope Disney is planning something now so that if the expansion is needed the wait time between public becoming aware of the project and the opening will not be so long.

lazyboy97o

I think we will have to wait and see on this. If the crowds are as large as I think they will be and the next movie is a hit, expansion would seem very likely. I just hope Disney is planning something now so that if the expansion is needed the wait time between public becoming aware of the project and the opening will not be so long.
That all would still have to overcome the headaches, frictions and expense that occurred just to get this land built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom