AVATAR land construction progress

PorterRedkey

What an exciting time to be in Otown! This past year all 4 major players brought exciting new stuff to the market (Kong, Mako, Cobra's Curse, MK Cabanas) and it was just the appetizer for this year. I am pretty stoked for Pandora, Volcano Bay, and Fun Spot's 2017 coaster. And curious about the Jimmy Fallon ride.

Yea! New stuff!
It's a good time to be a theme park fan!

dm11

Just curious of what you might think about motion sickness with this FoP ride. I can handle Soarin' and Star Tours no problem. However, I went on the Simpsons ride in UNI this summer and almost got sick all over the ride vehicle. That experience was truly horrible. That being said, considering my obvious excitement concerning this expansion, I am hoping that I can handle the FoP ride system without issue.
Same here re motion sicknes :)
I actually like Simpsons ride but every single time I ride it I have to close my eyes at one point. Never had that issue (or even came close) on either Star Tours or Soarin'.

Daveeeeed

Just curious of what you might think about motion sickness with this FoP ride. I can handle Soarin' and Star Tours no problem. However, I went on the Simpsons ride in UNI this summer and almost got sick all over the ride vehicle. That experience was truly horrible. That being said, considering my obvious excitement concerning this expansion, I am hoping that I can handle the FoP ride system without issue.
My dad got sick on Despicable Me, but not Star Tours. I have the same worry as so many people I know will do coasters, but not simulators.

I am super pumped up about the entire land though:happy:

Next Big Thing

Universal also upped their hotel game by a lot. Their new hotels are very nice, they have a price range now and the new hotel their building looks great in pictures.

I like to see the smaller players like the Fun Spot upping their game as well.

I don't know if this is going to happen or what but I will be there if they build it.

Anyone know if they have broken ground on that?

Supposedly January they are breaking ground.

The guy building this has a Nightclub (Mango's) that opened last year and a high-end Italian restaurant that's opening Summer 2017 that are right across from the site of Skyplex.

Next Big Thing

Lots of money and this guy seems to be a little small time, nothing wrong with that but lining up money in the hundreds of millions isn't that easy. If the place fails you are left with a giant tower, not real useful to re-purpose. I wish him luck. Hope this thing works out for him or them.
Josh Wallack, the guy leading this, is a business man from Miami that runs several other businesses down there and is a very motivated guy. I see the Skyplex thing as his pet project, something to leave as his "legacy" if you will. I feel like it will happen, but at the same time i'll believe it when I see it. I want to see it happen so I hope everything goes well.

Slowjack

I don't know if this is going to happen or what but I will be there if they build it.

Anyone know if they have broken ground on that?

That's the Orlando Skyscraper. I have my doubts about it ever getting built, frankly. What bugs me is there's a prominent "ride-throughs" YouTube channel that has featured videos on the project and encouraged people to invest in the company behind the project, without disclosing how risky or shaky the whole thing is.

-- when the project was first announced, it was going to open in 2016. The latest projection is 2019.

-- in articles, the people behind the project try to make it seem like there's more progress than there is, like saying that an manufacturing order "related" to the Skyscraper project has been placed with a firm overseas, without specifying any details. If you think Pandora took a long time to build, you ain't seen nothin' yet!

-- they are trying to crowd source the project via a "ThrillCorp" company, which suggests a certain amount of trouble with other sources of capital. They say, "Our plan is to place our shares on the OTCQX market." Which means: the shares are currently unlisted and you can only sell them privately. And also: we don't currently meet the standards that would allow us to be OTCQX listed. So it's a risky, illiquid investment.

I know this is much more info than you wanted, but because these jokers are actively soliciting money, I wanted anyone hearing about this for the first time to know what was up. I think the people behind the Skycoaster mean well, but their ambition seems to have well exceeded their funding.

Rodan75

That's the Orlando Skyscraper. I have my doubts about it ever getting built, frankly. What bugs me is there's a prominent "ride-throughs" YouTube channel that has featured videos on the project and encouraged people to invest in the company behind the project, without disclosing how risky or shaky the whole thing is.

-- when the project was first announced, it was going to open in 2016. The latest projection is 2019.

-- in articles, the people behind the project try to make it seem like there's more progress than there is, like saying that an manufacturing order "related" to the Skyscraper project has been placed with a firm overseas, without specifying any details. If you think Pandora took a long time to build, you ain't seen nothin' yet!

-- they are trying to crowd source the project via a "ThrillCorp" company, which suggests a certain amount of trouble with other sources of capital. They say, "Our plan is to place our shares on the OTCQX market." Which means: the shares are currently unlisted and you can only sell them privately. And also: we don't currently meet the standards that would allow us to be OTCQX listed. So it's a risky, illiquid investment.

I know this is much more info than you wanted, but because these jokers are actively soliciting money, I wanted anyone hearing about this for the first time to know what was up. I think the people behind the Skycoaster mean well, but their ambition seems to have well exceeded their funding.

I am with you...this whole thing feels very scam-y. I'm assuming they do break ground and will get 1/4 to 1/2 the way complete before it dies.

Slowjack

I am with you...this whole thing feels very scam-y. I'm assuming they do break ground and will get 1/4 to 1/2 the way complete before it dies.
Well, just to be clear, I guess I don't think it's a scam, in the sense that I don't think they are intentionally ripping people off. But I do think they've bitten off way more than they can chew, and I would actually be surprised if it got as far as 1/2 done. As far as I can tell, at the site, they've only done some demo work and soil sampling.

UpAllNight

Please be done by may.

Why would Disney announce Summer 2017 though they must have had a good idea how things were progressing just a month back. Are they that burnt by this summer that they couldn't have bet on Spring by that point?

Disneyhead'71

Please be done by may.

Why would Disney announce Summer 2017 though they must have had a good idea how things were progressing just a month back. Are they that burnt by this summer that they couldn't have bet on Spring by that point?
The messed up the grand opening of 7DMT, Frozen Ever After, and RoL. They really want to be sure that when they bring all the big wigs to town for The Grand Opening, that it actually opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom