AVATAR land construction progress

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Looks ridiculous and can't wait. Did find it funny when one of them said people will be fully immersed in the land, which has never been done in a theme park..... Ummmmm...

Maybe by 'immersed' they meant you have to wade through a pool of bioluminescent goo to get into Pandora.

Marlins1

Looks ridiculous and can't wait. Did find it funny when one of them said people will be fully immersed in the land, which has never been done in a theme park..... Ummmmm...
Yeah - not sure why they would feel the need to say that. Diagon Alley is clearly full immersion. Pandora certainly will be too. I actually think Harambe is fully immersive just not as complicated.

180º

The red thing is reffered to as "the shield" by many working on it. It willl be down during boarding and up when the ride is in progress.
Sweet.

I can't figure out for the life of me where the shield goes when it's retracted. I just see the one. Are the other shields just not installed yet?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Thanks! In that case, I continue to suspect that the ride vehicles are supported from the bottom, rather than suspended from above like Soarin' or the Vekoma example.

That looks to be the case. These look like the mounts.

upload_2016-12-25_11-56-6.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looks like potentially 48 or 54 riders per theatre. Ok, not terrible, not great.

A bit worse off than a three theatre Soarin', but load/unload might be significantly expedited by comparison to make up for some of the difference.

Looks like 48, 8 seats per section, 6 sections. So a 10 minute cycle time would be 1152 per hour, 7 minute cycle time would be 1632.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah - not sure why they would feel the need to say that. Diagon Alley is clearly full immersion. Pandora certainly will be too. I actually think Harambe is fully immersive just not as complicated.

Not quite full immersion... its representative but missing a lot of the other things that are typical of most African towns some nice, some not so nice.

BrianLo

Looks like 48, 8 seats per section, 6 sections. So a 10 minute cycle time would be 1152 per hour, 7 minute cycle time would be 1632.

Seating roughly works out to 5 Star Tours Sims, smack in between DL and DHS.

I think that should be ok if they can cycle it well and don't aim for an excessive ride time. There definitely will be way more CM's manning load/unload than ST, at least one per level.

Safe to say this will be an obvious FP+ priority though. Height requirements/thrills will also probably slightly reduce total guest demand compared to Soarin' as well.

On another note, everything looks great. Choice shots obviously and this was filmed in November, but nice to see ground work is coming along like the aerials suggested. I remain semi-confident there will be softs before "Summer 2017".

This is pushing my limits of what I actually want to see on video before stepping foot in the place.

Mike S

Seating roughly works out to 5 Star Tours Sims, smack in between DL and DHS.

I think that should be ok if they can cycle it well and don't aim for an excessive ride time. There definitely will be way more CM's manning load/unload than ST, at least one per level.

Safe to say this will be an obvious FP+ priority though. Height requirements/thrills will also probably slightly reduce total guest demand compared to Soarin' as well.

On another note, everything looks great. Choice shots obviously and this was filmed in November, but nice to see ground work is coming along like the aerials suggested. I remain semi-confident there will be softs before "Summer 2017".

This is pushing my limits of what I actually want to see on video before stepping foot in the place.
For all four theaters?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom