AVATAR land construction progress

matt9112

I read a while ago that Universal doesnt want the project to be successful due to it ruining sight lines in potter and volcano bay, i think we can all agree that the true reason is they dont want more competition though. Anyhow building the skyplex in the middle of 4 themepark superpowers (Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, BushGardens) doesnt make matters any better for the skyplex.

I think there is enough cash to go around people won't vacation for slyplex but squeeze it into an exsisting one sure.

Marlins1

I think the sight lines would be a legitimate issue for Uni. Pretty sure that seeing a tower with a roller coaster hovering behind the floating mountains of Pandora would be a pretty major buzzkill. The true escape from Orlando and the real world in general is still one of the greatest assets of WDW IMO. That is why I always stay onsite and in the bubble throughout my trip and yes I know they charge me plenty for it!

Last edited:

Clamman73

IMG_1124.JPG
IMG_1126.JPG

Magic Feather

The first look to have gotten inside the Flight of Passage ride, thank @Rteetz .

View attachment 181348

The thing marked in red is interesting, almost looks like something that will be infront of the seats before the ride starts. The things marked with the blue arrow might be the actual ride vehicles, but it's hard to say.
View attachment 181349
The red thing is reffered to as "the shield" by many working on it. It willl be down during boarding and up when the ride is in progress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom