AVATAR land construction progress

Cesar R M

I prefer projection mapping over physical lighting of the mountains for a few reasons:

1) It can be made slightly more dynamic and create the illusion that portions are moving slightly, or at least give the illusion of "life".
2) Physical built-in lighting is lovely at night, but an eyesore during the day. Think Cinderella's castle at Christmas. Even with the most clever masking of tiny physical LED lights, the mountains still wouldn't look quite natural during the daytime.
3) It is something that won't be a nightmare to fix when it breaks. We all know AK's track record.

As Tree of Life demonstrates, the tech is "there" to pull this off correctly.
Only drawback would be the visibility of the projection "beams".

Princess Leia

CzrJAoYUQAAM1uf.jpg

saw this on twitter
Pretty!!!

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, Dec. 18. The berm at the bus transportation terminal appears to be at its final height, as a chain-link security fence has appeared along part of the top of the berm. This fence will be hidden by subsequent trees and landscaping.

While it's not apparent in the photo, the new berm is set back from the road more than the original berm. There is storm drain work being installed now behind this temporary barrier fence. There is enough room behind the temporary barrier fence to construct a new bus transportation terminal. Given the recent addition to the bus terminals at Magic Kingdom, I would not be surprised if this occurred.

IMG_8905.JPG

GoofGoof

Premium Member
A permit was file today for the removal of the construction trailers shown here.

View attachment 180479
Nooooo. Not those trailers:mad::mad::mad: they were my favorite in all of WDW. Why do they always remove stuff without replacing it...What would Walt think....I'm starting on online petition to keep the trailers;););)

It's always a good sign to see things moving towards completion. I'm curious if there are any issues with the ride testing so far. Haven't heard anything. I guess no news might be good news.

Disneyhead'71

So excited! We are getting close!
What an exciting time to be in Otown! This past year all 4 major players brought exciting new stuff to the market (Kong, Mako, Cobra's Curse, MK Cabanas) and it was just the appetizer for this year. I am pretty stoked for Pandora, Volcano Bay, and Fun Spot's 2017 coaster. And curious about the Jimmy Fallon ride.

Yea! New stuff!

flyerjab

FoP-2 of the 4 theaters are up and running and being used for test/adjust and programming.

NRJ- Boats are cycling and they are working on syncing/programming.

Just curious of what you might think about motion sickness with this FoP ride. I can handle Soarin' and Star Tours no problem. However, I went on the Simpsons ride in UNI this summer and almost got sick all over the ride vehicle. That experience was truly horrible. That being said, considering my obvious excitement concerning this expansion, I am hoping that I can handle the FoP ride system without issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom