AVATAR land construction progress

BrianLo

i m curious how many AA's are in Shanghai's Pirates

I believe 4. the jack at the beginning, the jack at the end, davy jones, and the hammerhead shark guy. I think there it. A small number of full animatronics can work if they're used well.

Precisely. This attraction, like SDL's PoTC, will live or die by the lush environments. Not a quantitative number of AA's. Lush sets are just as visually exciting.

I'm very glad there is one extremely high tech one though that will probably have a good amount of time spent with.

Although I do love me some quantity like Sindbad every once in a while. That's what SWE's Alcatraz is for.

Prototype82

With theatrical lighting, I would be okay with some static figures...it's way too early to judge. I am sure we're going to get a seamless and full-feeling experience...

rushtest4echo

Technically that's incorrect.

They're called mechanical props.

Fair enough, but these plants will have movement on multiple axis, will emit sound, change color, and will outclass something like the Tiki Room Birds or anything in Haunted Mansion in every way. I guess you're adhering to a very narrow definition of an AA to make it sound like the Shaman will be the only moving figure that emits sound and reacts to the scene- which isn't really the case, correct?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Fair enough, but these plants will have movement on multiple axis, will emit sound, change color, and will outclass something like the Tiki Room Birds or anything in Haunted Mansion in every way. I guess you're adhering to a very narrow definition of an AA to make it sound like the Shaman will be the only moving figure that emits sound and reacts to the scene- which isn't really the case, correct?
No. Like I said there will be 4 true AAs (not my description.)

One of which - and the only humanoid - was shown this weekend.

Last edited:

A foolish mortal

A closer look at some of the new lamps by the entrance:

Skjermbilde 2016-11-22 kl. 23.05.32.png
Skjermbilde 2016-11-22 kl. 23.05.38.png
Skjermbilde 2016-11-22 kl. 23.05.42.png
Skjermbilde 2016-11-22 kl. 23.05.48.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom