AVATAR land construction progress

Mike S

For some, yes.

Don't get me wrong. It will look gorgeous. Some effects are very clever. For a ride length of just under 4 minutes there will be a lot to see. Even if this is the shrunk down reduced version from the original D ticket.
If there's anything Disney fans would know it's a clever use of effects. The classics like Haunted Mansion are full of them.

Neo222

From the sneak peek earlier this year.View attachment 175807

And from todays video:
View attachment 175811

Pretty sure what we saw in the sneak peek was the Shaman. Proof theres only one AA?
Not sure. Could be that they were focusing on one AA for the most part, and guessing when they perfected it, they worked on others. That or since the shaman is the main character of that ride, she is more focused here. Either or.

Daveeeeed

It's a classic but another word for classic is dated. Just saying. Think of it from a young persons perspective. You have grown up on video games, giant TV's really good effects in movies, etc. If they walk into the Haunted Mansion it is very dated. Any ways I'm about done with HM because the ride stops so many times, ruins the ride and I don't care why it's always stopping.
Lol, you'd also be that person that says Gone with the Wind is bad because it is old.
Think of it this way, Gone with The Wind in Blu-ray would be great.
Haunted Mansion with modern updates would be great.
Both have happened, both are still relative and good.
Point proven.

And I am a young person, and The Haunted Mansion is viewed by me as an incredible must-do attraction, and that is coming from a coaster lover.

Mike S

Lol, you'd also be that person that says Gone with the Wind is bad because it is old.
Think of it this way, Gone with The Wind in Blu-ray would be great.
Haunted Mansion with modern updates would be great.
Both have happened, both are still relative and good.
Point proven.

And I am a young person, and The Haunted Mansion is viewed by me as an incredible must-do attraction, and that is coming from a coaster lover.
Me too and it's coming from someone who grew up with everything he listed, lol.

roodlesnouter

They are images of shops and restaurants what more substance were you looking for in them? Now if you complaint is that they did not release concept are for the rides, then there I agree with you, but that is a different matter.

That's exactly the point, these were released for Avatar, they say absolutely nothing about Avatar, hence my comment about style over substance, which pretty much sums up the whole D23 debacle.

Mike S

In fairness . . . wouldn't all the "living plants" and illuminated plants
be considered AA's? Besides illumination, there will also be animation,
I'm sure, and they are simulations of living things . . . right?

I am not going to overreact to this news. Better a few done right than a slew done light.
Just because it's animated doesn't mean it's an AA. The Jungle Cruise was an opening day attraction at Disneyland but the first AAs were the Tiki Birds. Same goes for the simple figures throughout Fantasyland.

Daveeeeed

I believe 4. the jack at the beginning, the jack at the end, davy jones, and the hammerhead shark guy. I think there it. A small number of full animatronics can work if they're used well.
Also it's shorter length would probably cut one or two. I'm really hoping that there will be a bunch of creatures too. Let's hope so!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom