AVATAR land construction progress

Marlins1

So you say having an obsession with quality is ridiculous. Then you call WDW underwhelming.

Maybe if WDW was more "obsessed" with quality, it wouldn't be so underwhelming.

And you think Small World, Peter Pan, Pooh, Little Mermaid and the Mine Train are on the same level as the two carnival rides at TSL?
That's some delusion right there.
Actually Dumbo, Tea Party and the Carousel are probably below the level of the carnival rides going into TSL. They are good time fillers for people with kids and DHS needs that IMO. My daughter is far too old for this now but I would have loved to have TSL there when she was little.

Goofyernmost

I'm literally quoting someone else that used the word "underwhelming" to describe WDW. If you read my post carefully.

But if you think EPCOT and DHS are great the way they are, you either have really low standards or you're blinded by the Disney pixie dust.
Both parks have been falling apart for the past 20 years.
It doesn't really matter if we, as individuals, are no longer overwhelmed by things. What is important would be are others, and judging by the business they are doing, they are not underwhelmed. We may be because we feel that we have seen better things and I am not going to argue that, but, to say that WDW is underwhelming to everyone is just not true and really only reflects our own boredom with the parks that we have seen over and over again. However, theme parks change over time. There is nothing instantaneous about the process. Epcot and DHS have changed due to a change in what peoples expectations are, not just ours. We can argue that point forever, but, frankly, if the place were still drawing like they once did, no changes would have ever happened. Basic economics... you don't fix what ain't broken in a business sense. Yes, both places were allowed to falter, however, look at the reaction of people whenever they have done changes. They want it all to be what they remembered. That can't happen. Changing times for Epcot and changing mission for DHS. It became a lost soul just as soon as they stopped being an actual studio and since that time have just sort of floated along to the point where they acquired some stuff that could fit in and that is what they are doing presently... hence all the construction.

I would encourage you to refrain from tossing about the extremely tired "pixie dust" label. It really applies to all those that are against any change that isn't just a rework of an old idea. Those that are of that nature tend to label people that can see positives in new things as pixie dusters. Trouble is the dust is constantly blowing backwards into the accusers faces.

Goofyernmost

Guys. Get back on topic. Avatar land. We are TWO WEEKS AWAY FROM NEW INFO!
Sure, so what is the topic? Would it be that Avatar isn't done yet, and it isn't open yet and we don't know what it will end up being, experience wise? What is the topic that hasn't already been twisted into innuendo, unrealistic expectations and crititcal discussion on whether or not the whole idea sucked or was genius? When it opens and has legs of it's own, then we can discuss what we got, but, until then it is just filling a discussion board with previously introduced discussion. So, we get side tracked once in a while. Why? Because it's either that or a dead thread. Perhaps in those Two weeks that you so optimistically seem to think will bring new and exciting information for us to digest we might as well discuss the weather.

twebber55

Sure, so what is the topic? Would it be that Avatar isn't done yet, and it isn't open yet and we don't know what it will end up being, experience wise? What is the topic that hasn't already been twisted into innuendo, unrealistic expectations and crititcal discussion on whether or not the whole idea sucked or was genius? When it opens and has legs of it's own, then we can discuss what we got, but, until then it is just filling a discussion board with previously introduced discussion. So, we get side tracked once in a while. Why? Because it's either that or a dead thread. Perhaps in those Two weeks that you so optimistically seem to think will bring new and exciting information for us to digest we might as well discuss the weather.
We will take that as your apology

HauntedMansionFLA

Perhaps you should stay off this thread until then?

Cesar R M

I don't think we'll get a date yet. I think we will get a general "season." Summer 2017 being my guess...maybe Spring.
I just hope they dont do a silly "presentation" about the "soon to be opening". Like they did with the Mine Train.
A full land really needs a proper introduction and reveal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom