AVATAR land construction progress

WDWdream97

Hmm... MK or DAK. I can see Mystic Manor fitting in Adventureland or Asia. I also can see them trying to add Jungle Book to the ride as the IP add-on, which again could go into either land, but more suited to Asia, imo.

Total speculation there on my part, but I could see it.
A mystic manor variant would be cool in Asia. If so wouldn't construction not be able to start until 2018, due to the 5 year exclusivity that the HK gov demanded?

WDWdream97

Magic Kingdom.... or AK....

Although, there is an IP that could be tied to it in either park. The tech has been around a couple years but is not currently employed in any "current" attraction. I believe it was hinted at about 2 years ago by another.

*1023*

Well there goes my hopes for a Frotnierland raft ride :(. They could just port over Grizzly River Run and call it a day.

Cesar R M

Photo update as of Saturday, Sept. 17. The "center" of the berm across from the Disney bus transportation terminal at Animal Kingdom has been reduced in height. More of the construction site can now be seen above the fence. The berm height has been increased on the extreme left and right sides of the cleared area.

View attachment 162924

View attachment 162925

View attachment 162926
that smells like a giant "WE ARE ALMOST DONE.. COME TO PAPA WHEN WE OPEN, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO".

HauntedMansionFLA

Hmm... MK or DAK. I can see Mystic Manor fitting in Adventureland or Asia. I also can see them trying to add Jungle Book to the ride as the IP add-on, which again could go into either land, but more suited to Asia, imo.

Total speculation there on my part, but I could see it.
Love this idea. Surprised Iger didn't push for an Ewok village.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Well there goes my hopes for a Frotnierland raft ride :(. They could just port over Grizzly River Run and call it a day.
Uhhhh....
I didn't say that wasn't a possibility.... Like @whylightbulb I have heard this for sometime. Again, it's been on and off the table a few times. The stuff at DLR that is in the pipes will be wonderful but it's a predictable direction for DCA.

*1023*

Edited: I had to edit myself....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It's a little hard to see but they have put up one of the lamp posts on the entrance bridge. It's still wrapped in plastic.

20160915_100541.jpg

toolsnspools

The real sign is the cranes going away but I think Avatar may be very close. They're getting to more finishing work but the cranes are still up so ??? Might still be some big pieces of landscaping or something like that that needs to be placed by cranes? By landscaping I mean set pieces or whatever you want to call environmental parts of the land.
The cranes can be taken down in a couple of days, and I would imagine they aren't doing much with the foundations, other that hiding them, so they could be used again if ever necessary. I think they would keep them up until the last possible moment.

KingOfEpicocity

The cranes can be taken down in a couple of days, and I would imagine they aren't doing much with the foundations, other that hiding them, so they could be used again if ever necessary. I think they would keep them up until the last possible moment.

Yea I would think they would make sure everything they need the big cranes for is done so they can take them down and not have to bring them back out for a thing they forgot

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The real sign is the cranes going away but I think Avatar may be very close. They're getting to more finishing work but the cranes are still up so ??? Might still be some big pieces of landscaping or something like that that needs to be placed by cranes? By landscaping I mean set pieces or whatever you want to call environmental parts of the land.

There are still a lot of the steel mesh chips used as the based for rockwork sitting backstage. They would definitely keep at least one of the cranes up until the rockwork is done.

WildcatDen

Wrong kind of Banshee dood.
Dood??

My statement still stands and I was not aware there was some kind of implied Banshee etiquette.

Of course that does give the phrase, "ride you own Banshee" a completely different meaning and a rather disturbing visual.

Also, for what it is worth, I am hearing Earth Day 2017 may not be out of the realm of possibility to experience Pandora. No comments on just how much will be open to guests at that point, but there have been 'improvements' on schedule. . .

BrianLo

Magic Kingdom.... or AK....

Although, there is an IP that could be tied to it in either park. The tech has been around a couple years but is not currently employed in any "current" attraction. I believe it was hinted at about 2 years ago by another.

*1023*

Bike coaster? I've got to imagine that's kicking around the halls of WDI again with the success it's enjoyed at SDL. Something that could be done fairly cheaply... or extravagantly. Tron or Pandora or IP free.

doctornick

Bike coaster? I've got to imagine that's kicking around the halls of WDI again with the success it's enjoyed at SDL. Something that could be done fairly cheaply... or extravagantly. Tron or Pandora or IP free.

So, there's clearly space for another attraction if they wanted it (e.g. where they put the parking area backstage) in Pandora. I wonder whether they would ever consider adding another attraction to the land. It's hard for me to see a situation where they say "we want to invest more money in Pandora" as opposed to building an attraction elsewhere; but at the same time, they did seem to allow for space to provide that option.

The bike coaster idea though seemed to be similar in concept (though not execution) to FoP, I thought -- the premise being that it was you riding on a banshee around the land. Would seem to be redundant if that is the idea so I don't think we would see that added; furthermore, a coaster like that would probably have it's best impact being built at the time of the land so it could weave among the detailed scenery. I feel like it would be hard to effectively add it later without shutting down the land or just ignoring the rest of the land and putting everything in a show building which would miss out on the most compelling aspect IMHO. Even if the concept of a coaster wouldn't be riding a banshee (maybe it would just be a helicopter tour or something), it would probably be ideal if it was build with the rest of the land.

That all being said, I think the land and DAK would probably benefit more from an additional dark ride than a coaster, if they were to add something. Pandora in general seems like something where show and effects are what would set it apart, more than thrills.

twebber55

So, there's clearly space for another attraction if they wanted it (e.g. where they put the parking area backstage) in Pandora. I wonder whether they would ever consider adding another attraction to the land. It's hard for me to see a situation where they say "we want to invest more money in Pandora" as opposed to building an attraction elsewhere; but at the same time, they did seem to allow for space to provide that option.

The bike coaster idea though seemed to be similar in concept (though not execution) to FoP, I thought -- the premise being that it was you riding on a banshee around the land. Would seem to be redundant if that is the idea so I don't think we would see that added; furthermore, a coaster like that would probably have it's best impact being built at the time of the land so it could weave among the detailed scenery. I feel like it would be hard to effectively add it later without shutting down the land or just ignoring the rest of the land and putting everything in a show building which would miss out on the most compelling aspect IMHO. Even if the concept of a coaster wouldn't be riding a banshee (maybe it would just be a helicopter tour or something), it would probably be ideal if it was build with the rest of the land.

That all being said, I think the land and DAK would probably benefit more from an additional dark ride than a coaster, if they were to add something. Pandora in general seems like something where show and effects are what would set it apart, more than thrills.
im personally a huge fan of this project but would love more diversity at DAK so i would apt for a different place of the park IP or not to receive a new ride

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom