AVATAR land construction progress

Mawg

Looking at the leaked blueprints, the screens look like they would be pretty stationary.

brb1006

I'm perplexed as well, but that's a good thing. If the Imagineers and Cameron's group have come up with some experience that is complex enough that it cannot be easily described or compared to other rides, then that is what we should want to see. Having groundbreaking new experiences is a good thing and perhaps would help explain (part of) the huge cost of this project.
Now I'm more excited to see this land opened next year.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

Their website is Universal Orlando, it's called the Universal Orlando Resort. It's no longer Universal Studios Florida. Technically neither of us are correct.
Universal Orlando Resort, with 2 exciting theme parks, Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure.

UOR contains USF and IOA.

Similar to the Walt Disney World Resort contains The Magic Kingdom, Epcot (formerly EPCOT Center), Disney's Hollywood Studios (formerly Disney-MGM Theme Park), and Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park.

WDW contains MK, Epcot, DHS, and DAK.

PorterRedkey

The boat path didn't come from the leaked blueprints, it came from a very recent permit so it likely accurate.

I was talking about the leaked blueprint version of the boat path since I thought he was referring to those plans and not the water management plans that almost definitely laid out the boat path. It seems like the leaked plan boat layout was just a placeholder as has been discussed here. That is why I thought it was odd that @articos said the leaked plans were mostly accurate. I was just looking for some clarification on this.

articos

I was talking about the leaked blueprint version of the boat path since I thought he was referring to those plans and not the water management plans that almost definitely laid out the boat path. It seems like the leaked plan boat layout was just a placeholder as has been discussed here. That is why I thought it was odd that @articos said the leaked plans were mostly accurate. I was just looking for some clarification on this.
I was referring to the other attraction building plan.

PorterRedkey

I was referring to the other attraction building plan.
Right, but the building plans also have a section of the boat path. Just to be clear, you were only referring to the FoP attraction? The boat path will be more like the path the water plans include. Is that correct?

doctornick

Right, but the building plans also have a section of the boat path. Just to be clear, you were only referring to the FoP attraction? The boat path will be more like the path the water plans include. Is that correct?

If the plans are accurate as @articos states, it's interesting to note that it does look like three screens are present in each theater (I think) which may add credence to the idea that there are multiple screens and they will move.

PorterRedkey

If the plans are accurate as @articos states, it's interesting to note that it does look like three screens are present in each theater (I think) which may add credence to the idea that there are multiple screens and they will move.

I thought that too. We are seeing a view from above, perhaps the two smaller screens behind the large screen are actually above or below the large screen. The are just set back further. Why? I have no idea. Could be a depth thing.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I thought that too. We are seeing a view from above, perhaps the two smaller screens behind the large screen are actually above or below the large screen. The are just set back further. Why? I have no idea. Could be a depth thing.

As much as I have looked at those plans, I have never been able to get my head around what is being shown with the screen. There are actual drawing for three levels of the building, two of which show the screens. The one on the left is a higher level, the one on the right a lower.

upload_2016-8-19_14-25-5.png
upload_2016-8-19_14-25-57.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom