AVATAR land construction progress

flyerjab

As much as I have looked at those plans, I have never been able to get my head around what is being shown with the screen. There are actual drawing for three levels of the building, two of which show the screens. The one on the left is a higher level, the one on the right a lower.

View attachment 156489 View attachment 156490

Well, the one on the left clearly shows the 3 screens that are apparently of the mobile variety. I was assuming that the one on the right is the load area, with each squared-off area being a banshee cage where you climb onto the banshee before flight (just kidding about that last part - I have no idea what the squared-off areas are, except to say that it has something to do with a load area).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well, the one on the left clearly shows the 3 screens that are apparently of the mobile variety. I was assuming that the one on the right is the load area, with each squared-off area being a banshee cage where you climb onto the banshee before flight (just kidding about that last part - I have no idea what the squared-off areas are, except to say that it has something to do with a load area).

But we have established that it's basically the Vekoma ride system which loads on three levels and from behind the ride system.

articos

Right, but the building plans also have a section of the boat path. Just to be clear, you were only referring to the FoP attraction? The boat path will be more like the path the water plans include. Is that correct?
Use the more up to date document.

cjkeating

I'm just thinking out loud... but could it be that for moments when the 'banshee' is flying upwards or downwards the screens move to reflect this motion?

Imagine how in Star Tours when you are heading downwards towards a planet you are facing down and so is the screen because the simulator is joined together, this wouldn't be possible with a Soarin' style set up however if the screens moved this could be done in Flights of Passage? Combine this with 3D and a screen filling your full vision and this could be impressive.

I have another theory but I believe that is even more unlikely...

Mawg

As much as I have looked at those plans, I have never been able to get my head around what is being shown with the screen. There are actual drawing for three levels of the building, two of which show the screens. The one on the left is a higher level, the one on the right a lower.

On the lower level it appears the screen is further away than on the top level from the viewers. It looks like the screen is not only concaved but also more of a dome, kind of looking at the celling of a planetarium but facing forward instead.
Could the things behind the screen actually be the projection devices and the screen image is displayed on the back. I don't know if rear projection would be possible.
Also an interesting idea stated prior is that the screens could tilt so as you fly down they become more below you and as you fly up they are more above you.
Edit: With the screens more of a dome, and they tilt and they are rear projected and the film is in 3D, it could be very immersive and almost feel like you are in a hologram.

toolsnspools

In the left picture, you can see the 2 sets of dual projectors pointed at each set of screens. I believe you need two projectors for 3D. It looks like they're mounted to the top of the ride mechanism.

msteel

Rhis is what it looks like to me: the two smaller screens shown on the lower level move along the rails until they meet in the middle. At which point they line up with the larger screen shown, or else the drawing is showing the screens in both positions and they are the entirety of the larger screen. Whatever the odd angled lines on the smaller screens are, they clearly line up with corresponding lines on the larger screen when the smaller screens are in the closer position.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom