AVATAR land construction progress

cdeev8690

According to Gizmodo, James Cameron will be at the D23 Destination D event at the Contemporary this November to reveal more details about Pandora during their panel

As most of us are patiently twiddling our thumbs waiting for Disney to open its Star Wars lands, James Cameron’s Avatar is going to beat it into the parks. Pandora: The World of Avatar will open in 2017 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in Florida and io9 can exclusively reveal that Cameron himself, along with his producer Jon Landau and Disney Imagineer Joe Rohde, will be on hand at the upcoming D23 Destination D event in November to reveal brand new details about the 12-acre immersive theme park section.

Taking place November 19 and 20 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World Resort, D23 Destination D: Amazing Adventures is open only to D23 Fan Club members but you can read more about it here. The event takes place on the years the D23 Expo doesn’t and, addition to the Cameron panel, there will be events based on the Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean and more.

flyerjab

According to Gizmodo, James Cameron will be at the D23 Destination D event at the Contemporary this November to reveal more details about Pandora during their panel

I am simply hoping for more concept art beyond the hints that were dropped at D23 last year (I can't believe that was a year already). Maybe this will be their big reveal prior to it opening next year.

KikoKea

Yep, those are the "roots/branches" that are holding the mountains down (remember: These are floating and needs to be tied to the ground! ;))
Here's a pic from February:
View attachment 155822
OBE
They do look like roots in this picture. Well, I'm still hoping for a great water feature with a show element...and benches nearby to sit and watch from while sipping a cold soda!

flyerjab

They do look like roots in this picture. Well, I'm still hoping for a great water feature with a show element...and benches nearby to sit and watch from while sipping a cold soda!

If I am not mistaken, several people here have hinted that there will definitely be water features added to this expansion and that water will be present throughout. I am anxiously awaiting the water to come cascading down from the floating mountains. That in and of itself will be a great sight to behold.

KikoKea

If I am not mistaken, several people here have hinted that there will definitely be water features added to this expansion and that water will be present throughout. I am anxiously awaiting the water to come cascading down from the floating mountains. That in and of itself will be a great sight to behold.
It would. Love water features like fountains and falls- Canada's is one of our favorites in WS because of that awesome waterfall. For a few minutes it makes me think I'm in the mountains and not in hot, humid, flat Florida.

TyTrap

I think I can speak for everyone when I say we would like an in depth look at flight of passage. Will it be in 3D? What will the ride vehicle look like? Will there be animatronics? So many questions about this attraction have been left unanswered for years now. It's time we get some insight.

Alektronic

I think I can speak for everyone when I say we would like an in depth look at flight of passage. Will it be in 3D? What will the ride vehicle look like? Will there be animatronics? So many questions about this attraction have been left unanswered for years now. It's time we get some insight.

It will be definitely 3D and I'm told it will be the largest movable screen in the world, everything is custom made.

twebber55

@rioriz you brought up a tree like bridge I believe
could this be it?

1Avatar_1.jpg

Last edited:

rle4lunch

I have to respect Cameron. He could have rushed several Avatar movies after the first one came out and broke all of the records. He choose to get the scripts right and film some breathe taking ocean sites never seen before to use for the films. I am excited to see the details for the land and whatever else Cameron has to say at the D23.

I like Cameron and all for the most part, but Avatar kinda sucked. The script was pretty uninspired, the main actor was terribly bad and the precious mineral "unobtainium" is just cheesy. So to say that he's waiting to get the script 'right' is a stretch. The only thing mind-blowing about Avatar was the 3D. Absolutely stunning. Watching Avatar in 2D even on our 65 inch curved TV, puts me to sleep. It truly is dancing with wolves in space, just with worse acting. Cameron has been spouting every year that the movie(s) will be out in 2015, no 2016, no no, 2017, perhaps 2018, ya, that's it, 2018, and it'll have 3 sequels! Hell, he's as bad as Disney on setting an opening date. lol

That said.... I'm really interested to see what they do with this land. If it's half as gorgeous as the movie setting, then it'll be a sight to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom