AVATAR land construction progress

Mike S

I agree with you regarding live a live action Jungle Book ride. This park needs more to do after dark. Pandora will, of course, help this park tremendously, with 2 more rides and a beautiful land that has effects that come to life at night. But even I - the total DAK fanboy that I am - now realize that acrobats and dance parties aren't enough, even with Pandora. RoL will help if and when it gets fixed, but the park needs more. Having experienced the park at night last month, too much is shutdown. I like the animal trails, but they are both closed. If you take your time when walking them, that is a substantial amount of time in the park. Add to that the fact that Rafikis and the train are closed, well, there is not enough to do. We need Pandora to open, but I hope that they consider more. A Jungle Book E Ticket dark ride would do wonders for this park.
@phruby came up with the idea of putting Zootopia where Rafiki is and making the train ride like the monorail in the movie. Just an idea.

Last edited:

flyerjab

@phruby came up with the idea of putting Zootopia where Rafiki is and making the train ride like the monorail in the movie. Just an idea.

At one time I thought Zootopia was a shoe in for DAK. I don't know now. However, I could also see Chappie forcing his will on Rohde and saying we need more IP in this park as there really isn't much.

Jones14

I believe Martin said that there is more on the table for DAK, but that it would be 5-10 years off. Obviously, that's not ideal when looking at the park individually, but when looking at the resort as a whole, that's right in line to be the next thing after all of the expansions and additions that we currently know about.

It's hard to spend an entire day in Animal Kingdom, but it's hard to spend an entire day at Epcot and Hollywood Studios, and the general consensus (to my knowledge and from my own personal experience) is that Animal Kingdom is a stronger park.

Ideally, all three could thrive without the need of constant additions, but I'd rather wait for another Everest or Pandora than get a Slinky or Frozen Ever After in order to quickly fill out a day.

RSoxNo1

True -- but with so many other projects on deck, it's safe to assume that Animal Kingdom will be given a backseat to the various Epcot upgrades/Star Wars Land, after Avatar is finished up.

Hopefully by this time next year, Animal Kingdom will be open to 11 PM each night, but with that it will still need more than Avatar and Rivers of Light.

I think they should look to fix the Yeti in early 2017 so that Expedition Everest is fully operational when Avatar opens, potentially spreading out the crowds a bit more.

Over and above that, I'd love to see a C ticket dark ride and/or an animal walk through on the path between Lion King and Avatar. I could see a walk through featuring lions, meerkats, hyenas and warthogs near the Lion King.

After these things, Dinorama should be the next area that gets attention.

Mike S

Hopefully by this time next year, Animal Kingdom will be open to 11 PM each night, but with that it will still need more than Avatar and Rivers of Light.

I think they should look to fix the Yeti in early 2017 so that Expedition Everest is fully operational when Avatar opens, potentially spreading out the crowds a bit more.

Over and above that, I'd love to see a C ticket dark ride and/or an animal walk through on the path between Lion King and Avatar. I could see a walk through featuring lions, meerkats, hyenas and warthogs near the Lion King.

After these things, Dinorama should be the next area that gets attention.
How much space is there around the Africa/Avatar path anyway? Is it enough for a land like Skull Island with one major attraction and not much else?

RSoxNo1

Mike S

clemmo

While I agree that DAK still could use something more to tie it together I really don't see it getting any attention until pretty far after MK 50th unless some of the stuff that the insiders have said is blue sky gets confirmed pretty soon. Australia or North America would be great as would a proper land themed to dinosaurs. If we're going the ip route than Jungle Book is a just at least for me. Hopefully the powers that be don't just let this park sit for a while now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Isn't this where the path will be? What you put seems way off.

http://wikimapia.org/m/#lat=28.3574152&lon=-81.5926019&z=18&l=0&m=b

The path goes where I marked in blue. I think his point is if they wanted to re-locate some back stage facilities they could expand into the land west of the park. The land is considered "marginally suitable" for construction, so it would be an option.

upload_2016-7-21_20-21-2.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom