AVATAR land construction progress

Clarkcj11

I can't believe after all these years since joining in '06 I have finally posted. But I can't really wait till I can go to Disney again to see the new Avatar Land when it opens. Seems like they are progressing quickly with all of the new technology at the moment. But, I think they should have thought the new Rivers of Light amphitheater through better with seating wise as it doesn't seem to be able to carry much capacity, especially since they are expanding the park to after dark with the coming of Avatar Land. Which will certainly see more guests after the addition. Also, I do wish they did add at least one new thrill ride with the coming of the new land, like a new coaster, and maybe a few new rides for the little ones.

JohnWD

IMG_3388.png

Got this from last month.

Cesar R M

Frozen has had MUCH more sustained popularity then Avatar. Personally I think the execution of the land will be the draw once people see what has been done, but I don't thing the IP will draw nearly as much as Forzen in the first few months.

I would think they would be well beyond those design disagreements at this point.
Well, lets remember that Frozen got a short out, tons of merchandise, park presence, few presences in the game industry and appearance on "once upon a time"

What else has avatar been featured on?
I dont think it has featured anything other than a basic documentary and the movie itself.

Cesar R M

I agree. I just don't see a large Avatar following- nothing remotely close to Star Wars or Star Trek. However, it will be a beautiful land and it will be crowded because it is finally something new at AK (sorry, I don't count the nightly water show).

We will have moved to Orlando by the time this opens, so will certainly go by one evening after a week or two, and I truly hope to be amazed. I'm still puzzled as to how it fits in with AK's theme, though- seems like an odd fit.
Impossible to compare those two groups.
Both Star Trek and Star Wars had a huge buildup in a span of decades.
From TV series, string of movies, tons of merchandise, games, comic books, constant reboots or updates.

Avatar as had only a single movie out. It making that much money for a "single" release was newsworthy.

View attachment 151696
Got this from last month.
purple = mountain range?

I wonder, what is red and light blue for?

twebber55

Impossible to compare those two groups.
Both Star Trek and Star Wars had a huge buildup in a span of decades.
From TV series, string of movies, tons of merchandise, games, comic books, constant reboots or updates.

Avatar as had only a single movie out. It making that much money for a "single" release was newsworthy.

purple = mountain range?

I wonder, what is red and light blue for?
I agree, all great points
the popularity debate is something i always wonder why it gets brought up. SLOP had a great weekend box office and everyone is clamoring for theme park development for this property. Same with Zootopia and Jungle Book.Some of the same people that criticize avatar for not being worthy of a theme park land are the same ones who look at box office as an indicator for popularity.

Further more i dont know why popularity or fit need to be brought up anymore. The land is opening less than a year but such is a message board

Yes purple is mtn range
yellow buildings
black pathways
charcoal? water
great question on red and blue

Rteetz

the popularity debate is something i always wonder why it gets brought up. SLOP had a great weekend box office and everyone is clamoring for theme park development for this property. Same with Zootopia and Jungle Book.Some of the same people that criticize avatar for not being worthy of a theme park land are the same ones who look at box office as an indicator for popularity.

Further more i dont know why popularity or fit need to be brought up anymore. The land is opening less than a year but such is a message board

Yes purple is mtn range
yellow buildings
black pathways
charcoal? water
The red isnt on a guest area it seems so probably has to do with something that's backstage.

Mike S

Yes purple is mtn range
yellow buildings
black pathways
charcoal? water
Well, I want Jungle Book because I liked the movie and think it would fit very well in Animal Kingdom. The fact it had a great box office just makes it more likely. I can take or leave Zootopia as far as rides go even though I did like the movie. For SLoP the reason people are clamoring for it is because the rumors of the ride started way before the actual movie came out and we liked what we heard. I'm in the pro Avatar camp as well. Just my 2 cents :)

HauntedMansionFLA

Well, I want Jungle Book because I liked the movie and think it would fit very well in Animal Kingdom. The fact it had a great box office just makes it more likely. I can take or leave Zootopia as far as rides go even though I did like the movie. For SLoP the reason people are clamoring for it is because the rumors of the ride started way before the actual movie came out and we liked what we heard. I'm in the pro Avatar camp as well. Just my 2 cents :)
The cartoon or live action version?

flyerjab

I agree with you regarding live a live action Jungle Book ride. This park needs more to do after dark. Pandora will, of course, help this park tremendously, with 2 more rides and a beautiful land that has effects that come to life at night. But even I - the total DAK fanboy that I am - now realize that acrobats and dance parties aren't enough, even with Pandora. RoL will help if and when it gets fixed, but the park needs more. Having experienced the park at night last month, too much is shutdown. I like the animal trails, but they are both closed. If you take your time when walking them, that is a substantial amount of time in the park. Add to that the fact that Rafikis and the train are closed, well, there is not enough to do. We need Pandora to open, but I hope that they consider more. A Jungle Book E Ticket dark ride would do wonders for this park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom