AVATAR land construction progress

Phantom Mickey

That's what i'm thinking. Instead of touching, it's if you come near the plants, the effect may be activated.

Assuming from the video that they can get real plants to be touch sensitive, I was thinking the plants may not be able to withstand thousands of people handling them day in day out. if the Tech would allow it, it might be better for the magic band to trigger the effects. Time will tell but my mind is thinking the plants being touched are going to be looking pretty sad from touching the first day.
Figure too, hands have that oil on the skin, that will transfer to the plants... what damage can that do? figure a thousand people touching the plants.... wow.

Stripes

Premium Member
Assuming from the video that they can get real plants to be touch sensitive, I was thinking the plants may not be able to withstand thousands of people handling them day in day out. if the Tech would allow it, it might be better for the magic band to trigger the effects. Time will tell but my mind is thinking the plants being touched are going to be looking pretty sad from touching the first day.
Figure too, hands have that oil on the skin, that will transfer to the plants... what damage can that do? figure a thousand people touching the plants.... wow.
Touch sensitive systems can be made very robust. But it takes some out-of-the-box thinking. Disney is the king of illusion, the plant itself may not be the key to the tech, but something else entirely. And no I'm not talking about magic bands.

RSoxNo1

The path from the FOTLK theater to the entrance of Pandora looks like it will be reasonable long and devoid of much to see (it passes the Harambe bathrooms and then just goes under the bridge and along the river). To me, this area always looked like the ideal place to beef up with additional attractions to increase the capacity for the longer DAK hours. Possibly another attraction near the theater as part of Africa or a new (smallish) land between the bathrooms and Pandora -- perhaps themed to Zootopia or other animated features.

That would expand capacity while keeping the large undeveloped area in the north available for a new continental concept with live animals (i.e. Australia or South America).
Agreed. I'd love to see an exhibit where you can see lions more consistently than on the Safaris, and/or perhaps whatever animal is off exhibit in the Wild Dog / Hyena exhibit.

Phantom Mickey

Unobtainium LOL. It's unobtainable.

You know I just thought of something, yeah, it happens now and then.
Remember in AVATAR, they sent in the bombers to chase out the Natives and to take down Home tree to go after the Unobtainium. Right?
Why didn't they just go grab one of the floating mountains? They float because they are full of Unobtainium. Wouldn't that be easier... It'll even float back to the processor ....... lololol

Oh, how about they chain it behind the transport and tow it back to Earth .... lol

Voxel

President of Progress City
Touch sensitive systems can be made very robust. But it takes some out-of-the-box thinking. Disney is the king of illusion, the plant itself may not be the key to the tech, but something else entirely. And no I'm not talking about magic bands.
This tech is really neat and "simple" when it comes down to it.. I remember reading their initial paper research on this tech, it has to be potential to be very robust.

radiorae

This tech is really neat and "simple" when it comes down to it.. I remember reading their initial paper research on this tech, it has to be potential to be very robust.

Weirdly enough, when I was at DAK years ago, they were testing out musical plants over by the Tree of Life -- it worked exactly like that. They had different types and different sounds; it was really neat. My friend and I spent a good ten minutes playing with them.

Cantor

I think people are more concerned about the plants than the tech. If thousands of guests touch the same plant each day it'll probably die and need to be replaced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom