AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I guess I never noticed this before, but does the path from the back of the Harambe theater district run along the river? Also, it looks like there is some metal frame structure to the left of the building where the river ride is going to be that I have never noticed before.

Yep, there has always been a plan to link Harambe to Avatarland via that path. We discussed that other structure in the aerials thread. It's actually in the model if you look close. I speculate that it's the queue entrance to the boat ride.

KikoKea

Yep, there has always been a plan to link Harambe to Avatarland via that path. We discussed that other structure in the aerials thread. It's actually in the model if you look close. I speculate that it's the queue entrance to the boat ride.
Thanks. I like the wood and how it goes over the water and is surrounded by trees. Imagining it at night, with cool lights and music- a nice transition as well as a nice area to enjoy. :happy:

BrianLo

Yep i was whining about no aerials now im whining about the aerials being too far away

It's ok, there will probably be more shortly. I've been following this long enough to know we are in for about 3-4 different sets of aerials in the next few weeks followed by months of nothing. They love to come in a wave.

There is much more space and a hike then I expected. An attraction could very reasonably fit there (way) down the line. It almost appears separated enough from Harambe/Pandora that it could be a one-off.

Mike S

They probably have right to keep what they built in perpetuity, but they might only have exclusivity for a limited time.
Similar to Universal and Marvel I could see exclusivity only existing around Florida. I know the original announcement was for worldwide but I can't see them going through with that right now. Once again similar to Uni and Marvel as their deal was originally for more than just IoA which is why USJ has Spider-Man and USH used to have this.
marvel.jpg

It closed before Disney bought Marvel so Uni lost the west coast rights since they were no longer using the characters.

BrianLo

Similar to Universal and Marvel I could see exclusivity only existing around Florida.

I strongly believe, but don't have physical evidence, that they acquired worldwide rights. Or at least rights for all their parks and the surrounding catchments.

Certainly they at least have it optioned, although maybe it expires after X number years if they don't act on it in those individual areas.

Mike S

I strongly believe, but don't have physical evidence, that they acquired worldwide rights. Or at least rights for all their parks and the surrounding catchments.

Certainly they at least have it optioned, although maybe it expires after X number years if they don't act on it in those individual areas.
I touched on that in the rest of my post with how USH didn't use Marvel any more so they lost it to Disney and how USJ has Spider-Man. Uni used to have worldwide rights too but now not so much.

HauntedMansionFLA

Didn't they pitch AvatarLand at D23 Japan and they passed on the project? Perhaps Avatar will anchor DLR's third theme park?

doctornick

There is much more space and a hike then I expected. An attraction could very reasonably fit there (way) down the line. It almost appears separated enough from Harambe/Pandora that it could be a one-off.

The path from the FOTLK theater to the entrance of Pandora looks like it will be reasonable long and devoid of much to see (it passes the Harambe bathrooms and then just goes under the bridge and along the river). To me, this area always looked like the ideal place to beef up with additional attractions to increase the capacity for the longer DAK hours. Possibly another attraction near the theater as part of Africa or a new (smallish) land between the bathrooms and Pandora -- perhaps themed to Zootopia or other animated features.

That would expand capacity while keeping the large undeveloped area in the north available for a new continental concept with live animals (i.e. Australia or South America).

BrianLo

Didn't they pitch AvatarLand at D23 Japan and they passed on the project? Perhaps Avatar will anchor DLR's third theme park?

Yes, definitely Japan. It was why the first real detailed concept art came from Japan's D23 of all places. Paris I think was the third strong consideration at some point.

Honestly, I'd be very-very-very surprised if Pandora ever winds up anywhere else.

There are too many under-utilized things that they either own (Star Wars, Marvel, Frozen, more Princesses, questionably things like Zootopia/Jungle Book) or have already done (Carsland, Ratatouille, Tron), before talk would ever reach the increasingly expensive Pandora.

That's a good thing in my opinion. Park's need to maintain a strong sense of exclusivity. Animal Kingdom has it in spades. However, Everest is likely going to SDL. I'm ok with that, they are two of the more unique parks to begin with in Disney's stable. I think however it would be a disservice to Animal Kingdom to also clone this anywhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom