AVATAR land construction progress

A foolish mortal

Skjermbilde 2016-06-30 12.27.48.png
Skjermbilde 2016-06-30 12.27.28.png
Skjermbilde 2016-06-30 12.27.36.png
Skjermbilde 2016-06-30 12.27.41.png

G00fyDad

Is it just me or does anyone else have this feeling that they are going to fly wayyyyyy past their expected completion time-frame? At this pace I cannot see this land opening before 2021. I admit that I know nothing at all about construction, but this just seems to be moving at a snail's pace.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is it just me or does anyone else have this feeling that they are going to fly wayyyyyy past their expected completion time-frame? At this pace I cannot see this land opening before 2021. I admit that I know nothing at all about construction, but this just seems to be moving at a snail's pace.
I have more than 20 years in the construction and I am not worried about them drastically blowing their finish date. This stage of construction always looks like it is moving as a snails pace as there is so much detail work being done.

G00fyDad

I have more than 20 years in the construction and I am not worried about them drastically blowing their finish date. This stage of construction always looks like it is moving as a snails pace as there is so much detail work being done.

After I made my comment I got to thinking about it and I realized that we are watching this daily via the internet and that is about the same as watching paint dry. If I were still going to WDW next year I might be a little upset that it will not be done by the time we get there. However, we are going to Europe/Disneyland Paris next year and we will not get to WDW again until 2018.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
After I made my comment I got to thinking about it and I realized that we are watching this daily via the internet and that is about the same as watching paint dry. If I were still going to WDW next year I might be a little upset that it will not be done by the time we get there. However, we are going to Europe/Disneyland Paris next year and we will not get to WDW again until 2018.
No worries.

It is a common thought with those that don't see construction in all of its phases every day.

It appears that they clear 5 acres of land in a weekend, but then it looks like nothing is happening for a month or more while underground utilities go in. The when steel starts to go up you have another explosion of progress. Which of course appears to come to a halt when the detail work starts. It will kick back into high gear again when landscaping work starts.

chiefs11

I wonder what the plan is to block the outside world.. Wall of trees? Build a berm? Just tall fencing?
I think a row of trees/thick bushes along the bus access road would be enough... that area is probably where it is the most visible, and with the trees being right up next to the road it would completely block the view.

Next Big Thing

Is it just me or do these aerials not look all that recent? Notice it doesn't look like the small mountains on top of the showbuilding are there in these pictures. There's also scaffolding where there isn't currently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom