AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The actual construction time is going to be on the high end of all the recent Orlando Disney and Universal projects. Assuming a 4/1/2017 opening (which is just a guess) it will have taken 40 months of actual construction. The only thing I have recorded as taking longer is Mission Space at 43 months.

And in the interest of presenting accurate numbers, Transformers took around 12 months, and the Mine Ride 31 months.

One interesting think to note about the Avatar construction is that the site prep took quite some time. Construction started in January of 2014, but vertical construction didn't begin until December of 2014.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The actual construction time is going to be on the high end of all the recent Orlando Disney and Universal projects. Assuming a 4/1/2017 opening (which is just a guess) it will have taken 40 months of actual construction. The only thing I have recorded as taking longer is Mission Space at 43 months.

And in the interest of presenting accurate numbers, Transformers took around 12 months, and the Mine Ride 31 months.
How long were Carsland and FLE? I thought they were both in the ballpark of 3 to 4 years.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How long were Carsland and FLE? I thought they were both in the ballpark of 3 to 4 years.

Carsland was about 33 months. FLE is a little tricky. From start to finish is was just over 4 years, but switch from the M&G's to the mine ride happened shortly before construction started. The mine ride took 31 months, the rest of the are 34, but if the mine ride had been part of the original plan I believe the whole thing would have been done closer to 34 months then 4 years.

Marlins1

Pandora and the night time additions will transform AK into one of the best theme parks in the world. I can complain about the state of HS and Epcot and the lack of upgrades to rides like Space Mountain and Peter Pan at MK but there is no way I can understand complaints about what is going on at AK other than the premature ROL opening announcement - and they even came up with an alternative plan to address that.

OldBlueEyes

BioRec001.JPG

BioRec002.JPG

Progres!
Thanx to Bioreconstruct
OBE

Marlins1

A response to it shouldn't have been necessary. ;)[/QUOTE
They are transforming AK into a night time option - one that I think will be very popular and help reduce the ridiculous night time lines at MK. I don't believe that changes to AK are about Potter.

G00fyDad

They are transforming AK into a night time option - one that I think will be very popular and help reduce the ridiculous night time lines at MK. I don't believe that changes to AK are about Potter.

Ok.... o_O What's your point? I was simply saying that a response should never be needed by Disney because they should ALWAYS be innovating and changing the game themselves. OTHERS should be responding to Disney at all times. Unfortunately it just isn't like that anymore.

KingOfEpicocity

Ok.... o_O What's your point? I was simply saying that a response should never be needed by Disney because they should ALWAYS be innovating and changing the game themselves. OTHERS should be responding to Disney at all times. Unfortunately it just isn't like that anymore.

They dont need a potter response because Potter didn't effect them at all. Yet everyone seems to believe potter is the messiah and Disney needs to respond. They innovate, just not like Universal does, because honestly the dont need to. Uni needs to get ahead, Disney IS ahead. I still find it shocking that DHS can have nothing yet more people still go there than both Uni parks. I think Uni is no problem to Disney, especially with all the new stuff coming.

Marlins1

They dont need a potter response because Potter didn't effect them at all. Yet everyone seems to believe potter is the messiah and Disney needs to respond. They innovate, just not like Universal does, because honestly the dont need to. Uni needs to get ahead, Disney IS ahead. I still find it shocking that DHS can have nothing yet more people still go there than both Uni parks. I think Uni is no problem to Disney, especially with all the new stuff coming.
Exactly - actually Potter helped them at a time when the Walt Disney Company was not investing in new attractions at WDW because it brought more people to Orlando parks. Seems like things have finally changed after a really dry ten years. My point was that the wide range of changes to AK are not all a response to Potter.

KingOfEpicocity

Exactly - actually Potter helped them at a time when the Walt Disney Company was not investing in new attractions at WDW because it brought more people to Orlando parks. Seems like things have finally changed after a really dry ten years. My point was that the wide range of changes to AK are not all a response to Potter.

If anything Potter ruined the market. Now parks think Single Ip lands are the future. :(

Flippin'Flounder

I find that they never fit in the park they're in most of the time. Harry Potter doesn't even deserve one land, much less two :hungover: And the next time I hear the word immersive I'm going to scream.
IM-MERS-IVE :p

Not liking something doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a land. It is one of the most popular IP's of all time, maybe only second to Star Wars, and has a huge fanbase. On the other hand, Cars doesn't deserve a land, but they did it so well I don't even care :cool:

KingOfEpicocity

It's hard to say who to blame for that trend since both Potter and Carsland were being developed around the same time. Personally I love both Carsland and the Potter lands so I don't have a problem with single IP lands.

It has it's pros and cons. They're nice because they can offer one large environment, like cars land, you could only have done that right the way it was done. Now the problem is that one movie gets 1/4th of the park. Not a fan of that. Especially in Harry potters case. TWO big lands is just overkill if you ask me.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I find that they never fit in the park they're in most of the time. Harry Potter doesn't even deserve one land, much less two :hungover: And the next time I hear the word immersive I'm going to scream.

What's wrong with "immersive"? My main reason for going to a theme park is to be immersed in an environment, whether it's a single ride, a non-ip land like Adventureland, or an IP based land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom