AVATAR land construction progress

Mike S

Eh it's not really an E-Ticket these days. You enjoy it, and that's fine, but it's in no way the most impressive the parks have to offer.
If Disney still offered the five-tier attraction tickets today (pfffffttt hahaha) this would be a more likely breakdown (keep in mind every park has to have more than one of each level).
Free Attractions - Either attractions that are impressively unimpressive, or attractions impossible to charge for (nighttime spectaculars, street shows, and such).
  • Street-and-greets
  • Walkthroughs that don't require transportation, including exhibits and playgrounds.
  • Star Wars Launch Bay
  • Street performances
  • Parades
  • Fireworks and nighttime spectaculars
A-Tickets - Unimpressive attractions.
  • Formal meet-and-greets
  • Main Street Vehicles
  • Tom Sawyer Island
  • Circle of Life
  • Short Film Festival
  • Jedi Training
  • Rafiki's Planet Watch
B-Tickets - Minor attractions.
  • Astro Orbiter
  • The Barnstormer
  • Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle
  • Liberty Square Riverboat
  • Mad Tea Party
  • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
  • Tomorrowland Speedway
  • Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
  • Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros
  • Impressions de France
  • O Canada!
  • Reflections of China
  • New for 2017! Alien Swirling Saucers
  • For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
  • New for 2017! Slinky Dog Dash
  • Primeval Whirl
  • TriceraTop Spin
C-Tickets - Major attractions.
  • Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
  • The Hall of Presidents
  • it's a small world
  • Mickey's PhilharMagic
  • Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Stitch's Great Escape (Excellent time to point out that scale ≠ quality)
  • Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
  • New for 2016! Frozen Ever After
  • Journey Into Imagination with Figment
  • Living with the Lamb
  • The Seas with Nemo & Friends
  • Sum of All Thrills
  • Turtle Talk with Crush
  • Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
  • Muppet*Vision 3D
  • Toy Story Midway Mania!
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid
  • Flights of Wonder
  • It's Tough to Be a Bug!
D-Tickets - Impressive attractions.
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • The Haunted Mansion
  • The Jungle Cruise
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • The American Adventure
  • Ellen's Energy Adventure
  • Mission: SPACE
  • Spaceship Earth
  • New for 2021! Star Wars: Battle for Takodana
  • The Great Movie Ride
  • Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
  • Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
  • Festival of the Lion King
  • Finding Nemo - The Musical
  • Kali River Rapids
  • New for 2017! Na'vi River Journey
E-Tickets - The most impressive attractions at Walt Disney World.
  • Splash Mountain
  • Space Mountain
  • Soarin'
  • Test Track
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
  • The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
  • New for 2021! Millennium Falcon
  • Expedition Everest
  • New for 2017! Flight of Passage
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris
TL;DR: E-Tickets are things like large, expensive coasters, thrilling rides with tons of effects, and long attractions in general that were very expensive or advanced. D-Tickets are large dark rides, the very largest shows, and smaller-scale thrills. C-Tickets are medium-length dark rides, large-scale films, and complex shows that don't deserve the D-Ticket name. B-Tickets are spinner rides, unthemed thrill rides, transportation rides, and small-scale films and stage shows. A-Tickets are things that are the least impressive. These include meet-and-greets, lowest-scale films and shows, and special exhibits.
Buzz as a B made me raise my eyebrow, Big Thunder being a D made me stop dead. If any big coaster at WDW is a D it's RnRC. It has the thrill but is also full of plywood cutouts. Also, Haunted Mansion? Seriously?

Mike S

I agree with you. It's extremely hard to do this type of thing and your criticisms are valid.
2nd edition.
E-Ticket
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • The Haunted Mansion
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
D-Ticket
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
C-Ticket
  • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
There's some more too. Maybe start a new thread in General Discussion to finally make a definitive WDWMagic list of what attractions are what tickets.

No Name

The original meaning of each ticket was literally the price they felt like charging. Everyone wants to turn it into something more than it was. It was literally just a pricing system.

Now that system is long gone, and so there is really no meaning to the word E-ticket, but everyone still uses it for nostalgic reasons. Disney defines their rides based on, I don't know, whatever the heck they want to. Clearly, if a boat ride can change letters so often, it doesn't mean much. It's just supposed to express some sort of statement about quality and intended popularity, and maybe rattle us all up in the process, like it has been.

So whatever you all want to define an E-ticket as is fine. I don't care. You're not wrong because there is no right answer. And it's certainly not worth arguing over.

This would make a good addition to Spaceship Earth. The narrator reads "For centuries, humans had looked to the dictionary for the meaning of their language. But soon after the rise of discussion forums, communication takes a turn for the worse. The term E-ticket is completely undefined, which creates endless arguments over its meaning and prevents all useful discussion from occuring." The show scene would probably involve multiple people with their heads buried in their computers, rapidly typing and then exploding into random fits of anger.

I'm kidding, but really, this is making communication here far more difficult. The crux of the problem is that when people try to categorize and "rate" the rides this way, many disagree. Not because they disagree on the quality of the ride, but because they disagree on the meaning of one damn term, and it really prevents any useful conversation.

Wikkler

This would make a good addition to Spaceship Earth. The narrator reads "For centuries, humans had looked to the dictionary for the meaning of their language. But soon after the rise of discussion forums, communication takes a turn for the worse. The term E-ticket is completely undefined, which creates endless arguments over its meaning and prevents all useful discussion from occuring." The show scene would probably involve multiple people with their heads buried in their computers, rapidly typing and then exploding into random fits of anger.
I bet my animatronic's handsome.
I know, not a chance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom