AVATAR land construction progress

Atomicmickey

Is that where the big blue planet goes? heheView attachment 141105

...or maybe floating mountains in the back to make the area look bigger and further in (forced perspective)? Like on the model :)

Yes, the planet!

I have been saying all along, c'mon Disney, figure out how to do something that magical and astonishing.

The first time I saw lasers projected on spaceship earth I figured they could do anything. It's time to do something crazy like that again.

I am probably wrong and foolish, but I dare to dream.

twebber55

Yes, the planet!

I have been saying all along, c'mon Disney, figure out how to do something that magical and astonishing.

The first time I saw lasers projected on spaceship earth I figured they could do anything. It's time to do something crazy like that again.

I am probably wrong and foolish, but I dare to dream.
im still thinking floating mtns on top of FOP

twebber55

biorec001-jpg.141103

i definitely think its for floating mtns also to the right of the those three new floating mtns on FOP looks like pieces of rock work being added to top of the FOP building

matt9112

They dont need a potter response because Potter didn't effect them at all. Yet everyone seems to believe potter is the messiah and Disney needs to respond. They innovate, just not like Universal does, because honestly the dont need to. Uni needs to get ahead, Disney IS ahead. I still find it shocking that DHS can have nothing yet more people still go there than both Uni parks. I think Uni is no problem to Disney, especially with all the new stuff coming.

Those on the highest rung fall the fastest. If you compare GDP growth of nations for example the leaders grow unbearable slow (United states) but emerging markets grow faster than you can count because they have much less restraints. In a business it's the same thing a start up can explode in an instant and bury the rival leader faster than the leader can respond. Sure they haven't lost any market share but universal has really grown alot. And when universal cuts down on the park and hotel/resort advantage Disney might feel a little bit of a tug. My personal opinion is they currently set records on there name brand and not the actual experience. The whole everyone has to visit once deal. Trust me I love Disney but lately they just don't care because frankly theyou don't have too....yet.

KingOfEpicocity

Star wars is living off Fandom and childhood memory's much like Disney world is with attendance I found the plot of EP7 horrid. And Iove star wars I enjoyed parts sure but great? Not yet.

I agree it wasn't a revolutionary movie. But I enjoyed it a lot, and apparently so did others because it made a LOT of money. It's hard to say a movie made a lot of money and WASNT popular.

KingOfEpicocity

Those on the highest rung fall the fastest. If you compare GDP growth of nations for example the leaders grow unbearable slow (United states) but emerging markets grow faster than you can count because they have much less restraints. In a business it's the same thing a start up can explode in an instant and bury the rival leader faster than the leader can respond. Sure they haven't lost any market share but universal has really grown alot. And when universal cuts down on the park and hotel/resort advantage Disney might feel a little bit of a tug. My personal opinion is they currently set records on there name brand and not the actual experience. The whole everyone has to visit once deal. Trust me I love Disney but lately they just don't care because frankly theyou don't have too....yet.

I would love to see universal pass MK in attendance. I'm sure they'll pass DHS and DAK until they get their lands.

matt9112

I agree it wasn't a revolutionary movie. But I enjoyed it a lot, and apparently so did others because it made a LOT of money. It's hard to say a movie made a lot of money and WASNT popular.

Avatar made tons of money without any of the Fandom support.....point is yes it's successful much like WDW but you can't expect that forever. I hope Disney brings service and guest experiences in line with expectations new rides and lands only do so much ya dig? I can blame the guest somewhat but Disney could enforce ethics alot better. I won't stop going yet but I have a 5 year old...if universal is smart there third gate will be MKesque.

KingOfEpicocity

Avatar made tons of money without any of the Fandom support.....point is yes it's successful much like WDW but you can't expect that forever. I hope Disney brings service and guest experiences in line with expectations new rides and lands only do so much ya dig? I can blame the guest somewhat but Disney could enforce ethics alot better. I won't stop going yet but I have a 5 year old...if universal is smart there third gate will be MKesque.

Universal gets all their money from the thrill seeking audience. I agree, Disney lacks there. The unfortunate thing is Disney has got an experience that can't be recreated. Disney will always be Disney, you love the characters and the locations. Yes it's mostly nostalgia but no matter how much universal tries they can't topple that. Even though I doubt universal would open a third gate, I would have no idea what the "theme" would be. They already have """studio""" and random islands of fun. What's next, MK clone? I think Star Wars will be popular for years and years because we have tons of new characters and movies, it's still fresh. Universal is smart enough to know kids aren't their target audience.

matt9112

Universal gets all their money from the thrill seeking audience. I agree, Disney lacks there. The unfortunate thing is Disney has got an experience that can't be recreated. Disney will always be Disney, you love the characters and the locations. Yes it's mostly nostalgia but no matter how much universal tries they can't topple that. Even though I doubt universal would open a third gate, I would have no idea what the "theme" would be. They already have """studio""" and random islands of fun. What's next, MK clone? I think Star Wars will be popular for years and years because we have tons of new characters and movies, it's still fresh. Universal is smart enough to know kids aren't their target audience.

True be told I would hope they do a MK clone call it a copy whatever but it will be felt by Disney the MK is the only grand trophy universal can't touch now. I'm no insider but several different sources are hearing rumbling of a third gate. I think to stay competitive they will have too. That and keep building resorts. If they where smart they would make some attempt to pull kids over. Sure they can't replace Disney but they can provide a bit more effort.

KingOfEpicocity

True be told I would hope they do a MK clone call it a copy whatever but it will be felt by Disney the MK is the only grand trophy universal can't touch now. I'm no insider but several different sources are hearing rumbling of a third gate. I think to stay competitive they will have too. That and keep building resorts. If they where smart they would make some attempt to pull kids over. Sure they can't replace Disney but they can provide a bit more effort.

I agree. I think they will. Will it be successful? Not sure. I think Universals ability to make new and innovative rides is running out. At least, to make a variety of rides. I just wanna see something new, I'm tired of screens and sets.

Mike S

Universal just bought about 400 acres of land to expand their resort. Third park is happening.
I agree. I think they will. Will it be successful? Not sure. I think Universals ability to make new and innovative rides is running out. At least, to make a variety of rides. I just wanna see something new, I'm tired of screens and sets.
Screens combined with elaborate sets are not an inherent problem, just look at Shanghai's Pirates. Unless I'm mistaken I've only seen 3 actual AA's on that ride so far and it still looks jaw dropping.

KingOfEpicocity

Universal just bought about 400 acres of land to expand their resort. Third park is happening.

Anybody can buy land. Nintendo world here we come!!! I'm excited to see how many other IPs they can shove into another park. They've already used the ones I personally care about

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom