AVATAR land construction progress

KingOfEpicocity

IM-MERS-IVE :p

Not liking something doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a land. It is one of the most popular IP's of all time, maybe only second to Star Wars, and has a huge fanbase. On the other hand, Cars doesn't deserve a land, but they did it so well I don't even care :cool:

I would be willing to bet Star Wars outnumbers that. We're not seeing a new Harry Potter movie every year now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It has it's pros and cons. They're nice because they can offer one large environment, like cars land, you could only have done that right the way it was done. Now the problem is that one movie gets 1/4th of the park. Not a fan of that. Especially in Harry potters case. TWO big lands is just overkill if you ask me.

The big downside I see is in the future, with a single ride you can easily re-theme it, with a single IP land that becomes a lot more challenging.

Flippin'Flounder

It has it's pros and cons. They're nice because they can offer one large environment, like cars land, you could only have done that right the way it was done. Now the problem is that one movie gets 1/4th of the park. Not a fan of that. Especially in Harry potters case. TWO big lands is just overkill if you ask me.
1/4? DCA has 8 lands, and DAK, USO and IoA have 7. That's not 1/4 (Especially as single IP lands tend to have less attractions than the others)

KingOfEpicocity

I liked Amityville and Jaws better - but I do admit that we are in the minority!

Well, we don't really know that. There's millions of theme park visitors who don't make themselves apparent on these forums. As for jaws, I couldn't really care less. I don't really have that nostalgia factor. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Marlins1

IM-MERS-IVE :p

Not liking something doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a land. It is one of the most popular IP's of all time, maybe only second to Star Wars, and has a huge fanbase. On the other hand, Cars doesn't deserve a land, but they did it so well I don't even care :cool:
I prefer immersive attractions in a land that combines different IP's and/or non IP attractions, restaurants and stores that fit a theme together. POTC And Jungle Cruise in Adventureland or FOTLK and KS in Harambe for example.

Flippin'Flounder

I prefer immersive attractions in a land that combines different IP's and/or non IP attractions, restaurants and stores that fit a theme together. POTC And Jungle Cruise in Adventureland or FOTLK and KS in Harambe for example.
I like immersive attractions too. But the immersive environments of WWoHP and Cars Land is far better than Adventureland. Harambe is definitely great though, but I don't think it was be nearly as good before the recent updates, which we don't know would've happened without Potter.

KingOfEpicocity

I like immersive attractions too. But the immersive environments of WWoHP and Cars Land is far better than Adventureland. Harambe is definitely great though, but I don't think it was be nearly as good before the recent updates, which we don't know would've happened without Potter.

Of course. Thanks to potter. We're getting avatar, toy story, and Star Wars. Not more harambe, Everest, or anything of the sort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom