AVATAR land construction progress

rioriz

I would imagine NRJ since the person said scenes 3,4,5 which are in the NRJ.

When I first saw the permit with the company as the contractor and contacted him I assumed the work was only for FoP as he gave me details of the what he could in regards to this ride.

The queue would be similar to Poseidon in the fact that we will move through what would be like Story Scenes leading up to the main journey

He also compared FoP to Forbidden Journey in the fact that, and this is passing along knowledge, that it will be heavy on the thrust and thrill with show props present within the main RV Room.

There is a little more I can say including a mark of his work on CJST in SBC (if you can figure out the acronyms ;) ). However I am gonna wait...

I do wonder if the scenes stated that are different than his deal more with screen, plant, tech instillation as what I gather he has dealt with more of the props...

EDIT: To add that I will see if I can get clarity on the specific ride. When I first read the permit and for E Ticket I assumed it was FoP but now re-thinking that.

Last edited:

Rteetz

When I first saw the permit with the company as the contractor and contacted him I assumed the work was only for FoP as he gave me details of the what he could in regards to this ride.

The queue would be similar to Poseidon in the fact that we will move through what would be like Story Scenes leading up to the main journey

He also compared FoP to Forbidden Journey in the fact that, and this is passing along knowledge, that it will be heavy on the thrust and thrill with show props present within the main RV Room.

There is a little more I can say including a mark of his work on CJST in SBC (if you can figure out the acronyms ;) ). However I am gonna wait...

I do wonder if the scenes stated that are different than his deal more with screen, plant, tech instillation as what I gather he has dealt with more of the props...
That's for sharing! I don't know what the acronyms stand for though...

No Name

All I can tell you is what it says on the permit. Personally I don't get to wrapped up in the whole x-Ticket things, it's ultimately a futile exercise.

Yeah, I don't love the whole ticket wording. First of all, everyone has a different opinion on what it means. Then you have different opinion of the ride itself, and it becomes a whole mess.

But I will proceed to use that wording for the sake of my post.

Another permit today from Buena Vista Construction for show scenes 1 and 2A. It's interesting the different scene are being done by different contractors. They description on the permit is also interesting, "DAK E-Ticket Scenes 1 and 2A"

Maybe the ride will be on the level of a C- or D-ticket, but the show scenes will be E-ticket quality. Kind of like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. You could say that ride had an E-ticket scene, but that doesn't make it an E-ticket ride. Tricky wording...

Or Disney has decided that they're just gonna publicly call it an E-ticket and say that two new E-ticket attractions opened, because well, hey, why the hell not?

I don't think either of them will be superb rides. It's part of keeping my expectations low. The animatronics, concept art, and budget look and sound amazing so there's a chance these rides could be excellent, and I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

doctornick

So these permits indicate that NRJ will have at least 6 show scenes and perhaps the second scene has two parts (given the use of "2A"). I wonder if scene 1 is the load/unload area.

Alektronic

First of all to keep things straight, Pandora has 2 rides, an E-Ticket and a C-ticket, I guess you can figure out which is which.

Secondly, most rides and attractions, the scenes start at the entrance to the queue line, then are several scenes in the pre-show, by the time you get to the load area, it is already scene 4 or 5, depending on the ride or attraction. For the E-ticket, I think it will be Scene 7 or 8 or maybe 9 before you even get to the ride portion. There will be a lot going on in the queue, a lot of scenery and backstory, and just a lot of things going on before you get to the pre-show portion. It will be one of those amazing Disney queue lines to make you feel like you are really there.

rioriz

^^^^^
Thanks for the above and gives me confidence in what im hearing is fairly legit then, especially about the progression of how the E will turn out...

DisneyRoy

First of all to keep things straight, Pandora has 2 rides, an E-Ticket and a C-ticket, I guess you can figure out which is which.

Secondly, most rides and attractions, the scenes start at the entrance to the queue line, then are several scenes in the pre-show, by the time you get to the load area, it is already scene 4 or 5, depending on the ride or attraction. For the E-ticket, I think it will be Scene 7 or 8 or maybe 9 before you even get to the ride portion. There will be a lot going on in the queue, a lot of scenery and backstory, and just a lot of things going on before you get to the pre-show portion. It will be one of those amazing Disney queue lines to make you feel like you are really there.

Earlier ride designs showed Disney labeling it as a D ticket.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

This gets a little confusing now since the recent permit uses the address of the River Journey ride and calls it an E-Ticket.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
are we saying 471 is FOP and 521 NRJ

The more I look at the addresses the more confused I get. I think 471 is being used for both FOP and NRJ. So the permits for the show set installed could actually be for either ride. I have also seen the 521 address connected to #801. The map in the water discharge permits shows 801 as being NRJ.

Brian Swan

This is meant as a question to get information from people who know. I don't "get" all of the back and forth over the semantics of "C-ticket" or "D-ticket". I know the origins, and like many who went to WDW in the early days I had numerous ticket books in a drawer that were full of unused "A" Tickets (how many times can one ride the carousel or MS transportation?) and no "E" tickets. You "knew" that the "E" ticket rides were the "best" rides and it went down from there. But now, to the park-goer, this distinction is mostly immaterial; they seem to be little more than a subjective evaluation of how "good' a ride is. Various guide books use terms like "Headliner" and "Super-Headliner", or "Not to be Missed" - but these, too, are the subjective opinions of the authors. But it's obvious that Disney has still retained the old A-E ticket terminology internally in their design and construction processes. Is there an objective metric that defines into which category a certain ride falls? Is it the projected cost? Is it length? Is it complexity of the ride system? Is it the number of AAs? Is it how popular a ride is (or is expected to be)? Does Disney have an "official list" that assigns a "ticket value" to each attraction? I guess what I'm trying to figure out is why is this distinction so important?

Figment2005

The more I look at the addresses the more confused I get. I think 471 is being used for both FOP and NRJ. So the permits for the show set installed could actually be for either ride. I have also seen the 521 address connected to #801. The map in the water discharge permits shows 801 as being NRJ.
I might have an explanation for that. I was told that the two attractions will intertwine. Boats visible from FoP and vice versa. Also, the way it was described it's not just the queue. So if that is the case then both addresses could be pointing to the same building.

JohnByers

I feel very confident that this ride will be a Tier 1 FP and will cause several people heartache when deciding what to use their's one in Epcot. I am curious what rides in Epcot potentially could fall to a Tier 2 FP to help even that out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom