AVATAR land construction progress

DisDan

First of all, let me clarify that I am BEYOND excited about this new area of the park. That being said, not every E-ticket is a 'thrill ride'. I would hardly call Pirates a thrill ride. Additionally, I'm sure both of these rides will have long lines, so I don't see why it's wrong of me to have simply wished the boat ride was 6 minutes instead of 3 or 4. Also - wouldn't a longer boat ride be able to handle more crowds anyway?

To the above poster --- talking about Disney should be fun, but isn't part of the fun of this board listening to other peoples opinions and debating a bit? :)

How are you determining the boat ride will be 3 or 4 minutes? Based on all the information that we know about the track length and "ESTIMATES" based on other similar attractions most guesses have put it at around 5 minutes. That being said, the ride could still be a longer ride depending on the ride movement and what types of pauses or turns, etc it might have that deviate from the straight line path through the track. Anyhow, it does bother me a little when people show discontent with something without really know any FACTS about the actual ride. Why don't you wait to reserve judgement on it?

Mawg

I like your optimism pal... but I just can't see them doing any of those. Even if those are some pretty good ideas.
Since this is Disney, I think they will use it more to boost their bottom line. Think Tiki Room birds reminding you that you have not had a Dole Whip yet. Or It's a Small World reminding you, it's your last day - you should extend for another day, or don't forget your bounce back offer. Now that's how to use money maker, I mean memory maker.

space42

How are you determining the boat ride will be 3 or 4 minutes? Based on all the information that we know about the track length and "ESTIMATES" based on other similar attractions most guesses have put it at around 5 minutes. That being said, the ride could still be a longer ride depending on the ride movement and what types of pauses or turns, etc it might have that deviate from the straight line path through the track. Anyhow, it does bother me a little when people show discontent with something without really know any FACTS about the actual ride. Why don't you wait to reserve judgement on it?

The boat ride building is smaller than maelstrom. Since that ride is only 4 minutes long , I don't think it's unreasonable to think this new ride will be 3-4 minutes long.

twebber55

The boat ride building is smaller than maelstrom. Since that ride is only 4 minutes long , I don't think it's unreasonable to think this new ride will be 3-4 minutes long.
but we also dont know speed of boats, drops, if any
so there is still a lot of information we dont know yet

ToTBellHop

It will be more than 3-4. Not MUCH more, but more. 5-6 more-like. For comparison, Pirates of the Caribbean is 7 minutes.

People need to focus less on length and more on quality. Generally speaking. Peter Pan's flight is 2 1/2 minutes and people continue to love it.

Mike S

It will be more than 3-4. Not MUCH more, but more. 5-6 more-like. For comparison, Pirates of the Caribbean is 7 minutes.

People need to focus less on length and more on quality. Generally speaking. Peter Pan's flight is 2 1/2 minutes and people continue to love it.
The more I've riden Peter Pan recently the more I realize it's nothing special. I will never wait stand by for it.

ToTBellHop

The more I've riden Peter Pan recently the more I realize it's nothing special. I will never wait stand by for it.
I think it is something special because it's incredible that it was created 60 years ago and still has a "magical" (and I hate the overuse of that word but think it applies here) ride system. Fastpass has created absurd wait-times and I wish ours would get updates like Disneyland's. But it still is a must-see every vacation.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I really think it's ride system (and people love the subject matter). Think of how popular that Monster's Inc Doors coaster would've been...instead we get extra capacity that will leave the average guest's experience unchanged.
I agree about Fastpass on this ride. To all intents and proposes in WDW (and only in WDW) it's an Omnimover. But like we know TDO don't get it (see the off-on-off-on FP saga of the HM)

ToTBellHop

I agree about Fastpass on this ride. To all intents and proposes in WDW (and only in WDW) it's an Omnimover. But like we know TDO don't get it (see the off-on-off-on FP saga of the HM)
I know it's off-topic, but I am devastated that HM has FP again. It is my absolute favorite and I hate that I can't ever walk on (or enjoy a 13-minute wait) anymore. 40-50-minute waits during the day in the off-season is ridiculous. We used to ride probably a dozen times in a vacation--last time, we went on 4x, each time with a Fastpass. Boo.

Pirates, too. These rides with enormous hourly capacity have no business having FP (and I know I'm preaching to the choir). And most of their queues are designed to be enjoyed at a gentle stroll.

brihow

I think you need to remember that if no one made estimated guesses or stated opinions on upcoming attractions, this wouldn't be much of a forum, would it?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I know it's off-topic, but I am devastated that HM has FP again. It is my absolute favorite and I hate that I can't ever walk on (or enjoy a 13-minute wait) anymore. 40-50-minute waits during the day in the off-season is ridiculous. We used to ride probably a dozen times in a vacation--last time, we went on 4x, each time with a Fastpass. Boo.

Pirates, too. These rides with enormous hourly capacity have no business having FP (and I know I'm preaching to the choir). And most of their queues are designed to be enjoyed at a gentle stroll.
As it was explained to me, this is another symptom of MK's capacity issues.

FP+ allows them to funnel traffic to these 2 people eaters to keep them at absolute max capacity and relieve a little strain off of other attractions that can't handle it as well.

POTC having so many operational issues has not helped matters.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As it was explained to me, this is another symptom of MK's capacity issues.

FP+ allows them to funnel traffic to these 2 people eaters to keep them at absolute max capacity and relieve a little strain off of other attractions that can't handle it as well.

POTC having so many operational issues has not helped matters.
Fastpass plus. You have so much to answer for.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Fastpass plus. You have so much to answer for.
FP+ and the infrastructure upgrade that came with it was a necessary evil.

I think the real problem is Disney not investing in it's other three parks for so long prior to FP+. It also does not help that the last MK expansion was a net gain of one high end, high capacity ride vs multiple less expensive C tickets that could have completely dwarfed Mermaid's capacity.

That problem of investment in the other parks looks like it is being fixed, but the time between now and completion is really going to stink.

BrianLo

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread... :p

DSC095607cd0c.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom