AVATAR land construction progress

Imagineerwannabe

First of all, let me clarify that I am BEYOND excited about this new area of the park. That being said, not every E-ticket is a 'thrill ride'. I would hardly call Pirates a thrill ride. Additionally, I'm sure both of these rides will have long lines, so I don't see why it's wrong of me to have simply wished the boat ride was 6 minutes instead of 3 or 4. Also - wouldn't a longer boat ride be able to handle more crowds anyway?

To the above poster --- talking about Disney should be fun, but isn't part of the fun of this board listening to other peoples opinions and debating a bit? :)

Wasn't aimed at you or most of the people on this board, just seeing what a lot of people post on Facebook groups they seem to expect that Disney world parks should be filled with huge thrill rides in the sense that it should be like a bigger islands of adventure with coasters and thrill rides filling every Disney park.

KingOfEpicocity

Wasn't aimed at you or most of the people on this board, just seeing what a lot of people post on Facebook groups they seem to expect that Disney world parks should be filled with huge thrill rides in the sense that it should be like a bigger islands of adventure with coasters and thrill rides filling every Disney park.

Really what sparks complaints is expectations. If you ask me you should take it for what it is. Other parks specialize in other things. If you like giant thrill rides then Disney world won't be your favorite place. As much as you want it to be.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Really what sparks complaints is expectations. If you ask me you should take it for what it is. Other parks specialize in other things. If you like giant thrill rides then Disney world won't be your favorite place. As much as you want it to be.

But sometime those complaints are justified. When it comes to theme parks, Disney set the bar very high for many years. People get upset when Disney doesn't live up to the high standard they set.

KingOfEpicocity

But sometime those complaints are justified. When it comes to theme parks, Disney set the bar very high for many years. People get upset when Disney doesn't live up to the high standard they set.

But its all a matter of opinion. ask one person, new fantasyland, disneys newest major project, is an amazing experience. ask someone else, its not. this forum tries to turn opinion into fact, just let people think what they want. its fine to debate but try not to go too far with that. different people have different expectations, and opinions...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
But its all a matter of opinion. ask one person, new fantasyland, disneys newest major project, is an amazing experience. ask someone else, its not. this forum tries to turn opinion into fact, just let people think what they want. its fine to debate but try not to go too far with that. different people have different expectations, and opinions...

Whether you acknowledge it or not, you are also guilty of doing this.

Kate F

Here is what I think about Avatarland:

I don't personally care for the movie, and I was initially a bit disappointed about the attractions we were getting (we've waited this long for an upgraded Soarin' and a short boat ride?), but I do know that not every ride needs to be a stunning, ground-breaking E-ticket. The land is already starting to look fantastic and despite being underwhelmed at first, I'm sure that the Flying ride will be great! I'm still unsure about the boat ride, it has potential to be amazing, but I think we'll all just have to wait and see on that one. I don't really have any problems with what the land is being based off of, I believe that it can and will stand on its own. You don't need to have read the Harry Potter books or watched the movies to enjoy the WWoHP, so why should the same not be said for this land? I do understand the criticism of Disney basing an entire land off of a non-Disney IP that doesn't even have that large of a fan base to begin with, and that there are plenty of Disney IP's that could be used in DAK instead, but since we've known about this project for several years now, I don't really understand how people can still be complaining about that. Overall, despite being a bit skeptical about a few things, I'm pretty excited for this land and I think it will be a fantastic and much needed new addition to DAK.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom