AVATAR land construction progress

Mike S

your right. But It must not be needed, if people keep coming. *shrug*
image.jpeg

KingOfEpicocity

An e-ticket is typically a high capacity ride. A high capacity ride would help with crowds. That is the problem. Not building a high capacity ride means crowds only get worse.

And that's a bad thing. I understand all of that. What I'm trying to say is that's not a problem. Because attendance keeps on rising.

Siren

Ewww. What in the world has happened to this once amazing thread? Gosh. I leave for like a couple of days and it has gone to H E Double Hockey Sticks in a hand basket.
And that's a bad thing. I understand all of that. What I'm trying to say is that's not a problem. Because attendance keeps on rising.

Hmmm... I've never seen you here before, but I totally adore you already -- at least for right now.

And, where are the others? Where are my excited pro Avatar peeps at??? They probably got sick of reading those inane rants and ran away to retain whatever brain cells they have left.

Isn't there an "I Hate Avatarland So Much" thread somewhere else -- where these people can all go and bore themselves? Because, I really don't give a flipping quarter about people who are not excited about Avatarland in the way that I am.

This is the Avatarland construction thread.

Rteetz

No you don't understand that is a bad thing. Crowds are a problem. You want things for those crowds to go to E-tickets will do that. Adding nothing only increases crowds even more and lines only get longer and longer and it's not comfortable for the guest.

Mike S

The less high capacity rides there are for people to be on or in line for the more people are out and about crowding the walkways. As attendance increases you add capacity to accommodate it. Get it? If still no there's really nothing more I can say.

KingOfEpicocity

No you don't understand that is a bad thing. Crowds are a problem. You want things for those crowds to go to E-tickets will do that. Adding nothing only increases crowds even more and lines only get longer and longer and it's not comfortable for the guest.
The less high capacity rides there are for people to be on or in line for the more people are out and about crowding the walkways. As attendance increases you add capacity to accommodate it. Get it? If still no there's really nothing more I can say.

I hope you uguys understandd. your both 100% right. but the point im trying to make is this. if the parks are so crowded, and people dont like it, why do they still go more and more each year? it may be a problem to you, but you must consider every possibility. Of course its a bad thing from the guests POV. but if the attendance keeps going up, Disney has nothing to worry about. therefore, we dont get any new E-tickets...

orky8

It's not because they're incapable. They just don't need to. With attendance still climbing, why spend so much money on new E-tickets?

They are spending a fortune on this - enough to supply Universal with multiple E tickets (albeit with exposed buildings). As they did with New Fantasyland. It's just unfortunate they are so inefficient with their spending.

lobelia

Wasn't there some hinting that there would be a sort of "Tree of Souls" for this land that would interact with our pretty bracelets? @marni1971 Have you heard more about this? Do we know where it will be built and when should we begin to see construction on it? @articos or anyone else with credible insider knowledge......

wdwgreek

I think the extent they went to make sure that the Little Mermaid building wasn't visible from anywhere inside the park shows Disney's commitment (lately) to making sure the show buildings aren't visible... They had a lot of angles to deal with.

(Though I'll admit the back of the Dumbo tent kills this theory...)

-Rob
Passport to dreams old and new is a fantastic blog and she ( I think the author is female) just wrote a follow up to a fantastic follow up to another piece a few years back. Go away Green is the title. Its about exposed structures from 1970's magic kingdom and the update shows how Disney has been working to hide things more effectively in the last few years. Actually an astounding example of how Disney is being more detailed oriented in at least one way.

CastleBound

wow. haha this page has been hilarious... Anyway, I think whether or not this ride will be 4, 5, 6, 7 minutes I think the capacity will be divided between the entire land. I think, as far as we know, this land will be interactive and hopefully help with whatever capacity issues the boat ride may be lacking. At least that's my hope.

KingOfEpicocity

wow. haha this page has been hilarious... Anyway, I think whether or not this ride will be 4, 5, 6, 7 minutes I think the capacity will be divided between the entire land. I think, as far as we know, this land will be interactive and hopefully help with whatever capacity issues the boat ride may be lacking. At least that's my hope.

Honestly I value good theming over rides. I feel like from what we've seen avatar will be a totally unique and beautiful land with some fun attractions on the side. At least for me.

brihow

They are spending a fortune on this - enough to supply Universal with multiple E tickets (albeit with exposed buildings). As they did with New Fantasyland. It's just unfortunate they are so inefficient with their spending.

exactly. I would have easily given up a couple floating mountains to get a longer/bigger boat ride. Hell, I would have given up the Soarin-type ride to get a boat ride on the level of Pirates.

BrianLo

exactly. I would have easily given up a couple floating mountains to get a longer/bigger boat ride. Hell, I would have given up the Soarin-type ride to get a boat ride on the level of Pirates.

I wouldn't. What's so wrong with an E ticket thrill and a scenic D ticket boat ride? Not every attraction needs to be a three hour tour to be valuable.

I'd also take capacity over everything and a quad-theater Soarin' ride + boat ride is actual decent capacity to handle the hoardes. What's best for the park is not always in line with fan wishes.

KingOfEpicocity

I wouldn't. What's so wrong with an E ticket thrill and a scenic D ticket boat ride? Not every attraction needs to be a three hour tour to be valuable.

I'd also take capacity over everything and a quad-theater Soarin' ride + boat ride is actual decent capacity to handle the hoardes. What's best for the park is not always in line with fan wishes.

He's right. Avatar will increase DAKs capacity by A LOT

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom