AVATAR land construction progress

Imagineerwannabe

I wouldn't. What's so wrong with an E ticket thrill and a scenic D ticket boat ride? Not every attraction needs to be a three hour tour to be valuable.

I'd also take capacity over everything and a quad-theater Soarin' ride + boat ride is actual decent capacity to handle the hoardes. What's best for the park is not always in line with fan wishes.

I think some fans just want every attraction to be E ticket thrill rides ignoring what the parks actually need. Feel that bugs land In DCA is a good example of adding multiple lower ticket class attractions which give guests something to do, instead of waiting 3+ hours for a single e ticket ride which is what WDW are getting more used to...

BrianLo

-A land with an obscene, obscene amount of money spent on Rock Work.
-Based on a franchise mostly faded from public consciousness.
-An E-ticket Epcot 2.0 thrill ride clocking in just under 3 minutes.
-A lavishly plussed D-ticket with a worn Fantasyland-troupe ride system clocking in at 5 minutes.
-Tenuous connections to Animals featuring alien like critters and a mythical monster.
-Wide open guest pathways mostly to service the two rides and for photo opportunities of the rock work.
-A single restaurant/quick serve.
-One gift shop with below WDW-standard merchandise offerings.

Instead we are getting all of the above, PLUS
-The E-ticket will have a significantly longer ride time (and won't be brought down by Florida rains).
-Better merch (no matter how bad you think it will be, it will be better).
-A slightly better connection to the conservative undertones that define Animal Kingdom.
-A more magnificent nighttime experience.

Most importantly a non-cloned experience.

If you haven't caught on yet I was describing Mysterious Island at Tokyo Disney Sea. The land pretty much everyone would wet themselves to receive at Animal Kingdom. In lieu of Avatar. For no better reason than most people prefer the known from the unknown.

I love Mysterious Island by the way, the handwringing over this project has got to stop.

matt9112

So Pandora is all finished right? No more construction to speak of

I just wanna know when this thing arrives!

Pandora-World-of-Avatar-at-D23-Expo-2015-96.jpg

i hope it eats small children....im not kidding.

dreamscometrue

-A lavishly plussed D-ticket with a worn Fantasyland-troupe ride system clocking in at 5 minutes.
-Tenuous connections to Animals featuring alien like critters and a mythical monster.
-Wide open guest pathways mostly to service the two rides and for photo opportunities of the rock work.

-The E-ticket will have a significantly longer ride time (and won't be brought down by Florida rains).
-A slightly better connection to the conservative undertones that define Animal Kingdom.

If you haven't caught on yet I was describing Mysterious Island at Tokyo Disney Sea. The land pretty much everyone would wet themselves to receive at Animal Kingdom. In lieu of Avatar. For no better reason than most people prefer the known from the unknown.

I love Mysterious Island by the way, the handwringing over this project has got to stop.
The only reason I visit any of the Avatar threads any more is to read your posts. Am. Not. Kidding. Well said, as always.

flyerjab

You and I are in complete agreement on this project (always have been). I agree with everything in this post. It beautifully sums up what Pandora will be - an extravagant, elegant, unique experience. And the one thing that I can add - we are closing in on the one year mark...

Timothy_Q

Great post! Completely agree.

Also, because of Marvel and Star Wars, I have a hard time believing Disney still plans on cloning Pandora in other parks, so it will stay being an unique AK experience.

KingOfEpicocity

Great post! Completely agree.

Also, because of Marvel and Star Wars, I have a hard time believing Disney still plans on cloning Pandora in other parks, so it will stay being an unique AK experience.

all good points! even if the rides arent what yall wanted, you have to admit itll look breathtaking

drummond

Great post. Wish we had more posters like you and less of the "this thing that hasn't been built yet sucks and if you say otherwise you're a troll" crowd.

brihow

I think some fans just want every attraction to be E ticket thrill rides ignoring what the parks actually need. Feel that bugs land In DCA is a good example of adding multiple lower ticket class attractions which give guests something to do, instead of waiting 3+ hours for a single e ticket ride which is what WDW are getting more used to...

First of all, let me clarify that I am BEYOND excited about this new area of the park. That being said, not every E-ticket is a 'thrill ride'. I would hardly call Pirates a thrill ride. Additionally, I'm sure both of these rides will have long lines, so I don't see why it's wrong of me to have simply wished the boat ride was 6 minutes instead of 3 or 4. Also - wouldn't a longer boat ride be able to handle more crowds anyway?

To the above poster --- talking about Disney should be fun, but isn't part of the fun of this board listening to other peoples opinions and debating a bit? :)

KingOfEpicocity

First of all, let me clarify that I am BEYOND excited about this new area of the park. That being said, not every E-ticket is a 'thrill ride'. I would hardly call Pirates a thrill ride. Additionally, I'm sure both of these rides will have long lines, so I don't see why it's wrong of me to have simply wished the boat ride was 6 minutes instead of 3 or 4. Also - wouldn't a longer boat ride be able to handle more crowds anyway?

To the above poster --- talking about Disney should be fun, but isn't part of the fun of this board listening to other peoples opinions and debating a bit? :)

I completely agree. But we can admit it sometimes goes too far. Haha

MagicGoofy

We should just delete all the other Avatar threads because this is clearly where everyone puts their opinion in even if it had NOTHING to do with construction. There are other threads to rant on why we are getting an awesome land.

KingOfEpicocity

Unless that person has optimistic views (e.g., @jt04) and then that poster is attacked....

We all know optimism isn't allowed on this forum!

We should just delete all the other Avatar threads because this is clearly where everyone puts their opinion in even if it had NOTHING to do with construction. There are other threads to rant on why we are getting an awesome land.

This is true

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom