AVATAR land construction progress

twebber55

So Pandora is all finished right? No more construction to speak of

I just wanna know when this thing arrives!

Pandora-World-of-Avatar-at-D23-Expo-2015-96.jpg
wouldnt shock me if its already pre fabbed and ready to go!

MagicGoofy

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 11.48.44 AM.png

This pic were taken a while ago, but i don't think I can wrap my head around how small the boat ride show building looks. I think we will only see one big set and then a few tight/smaller sets.. Is there a possibility the whole ride takes place in one huge set, where the boat will meander through and its only separated by theming while being slowed down to look at certain things?

Clamman73

View attachment 133665
This pic were taken a while ago, but i don't think I can wrap my head around how small the boat ride show building looks. I think we will only see one big set and then a few tight/smaller sets.. Is there a possibility the whole ride takes place in one huge set, where the boat will meander through and its only separated by theming while being slowed down to look at certain things?
Looks like maybe there's room to go around once in a tight circle...or maybe you go around multiple times and the scenes change on each revolution. ;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
View attachment 133665

Here is an overhead view of what the ride will look like.

capture-jpg.130058

DisneyNorthFan

Just follow the Blue Water around the island
Thank you, but I did assume this to be the case for the main island. I guess you're suggesting the small island is not part of the attraction and just blocks the storage area for extra boats/boat storage? Wishful thinking, perhaps, but I had hoped maybe this second area was part of the ride.

dstrawn9889

Two tracks make for a front and back guide. That way they can alter the direction the boat points by separating the 2 channels. Notice the right hand channel ends sooner in the shed than the left hand channel.
because maintenance the boat is free floating so they can remove it from the water

Rob562

I wouldn't worry about it. This isn't the Hogwarts Castle, we won't see the show building from the park.

I think the extent they went to make sure that the Little Mermaid building wasn't visible from anywhere inside the park shows Disney's commitment (lately) to making sure the show buildings aren't visible... They had a lot of angles to deal with.

(Though I'll admit the back of the Dumbo tent kills this theory...)

-Rob

brihow

I hate to be a pessimist, but this is reminding me more and more of the Little Mermaid attraction in Magic Kingdom. Amazing exterior theming with a smaller, less impressive ride inside. Don't get me wrong - I actually don't mind the Little Mermaid ride, but I just had such huge expectations for Avatar. I was hoping for at least a 6 or 7 minute boat ride with very large, impressive show scenes, but that looks doubtful now that I really look at the groundplan.

RSoxNo1

I hate to be a pessimist, but this is reminding me more and more of the Little Mermaid attraction in Magic Kingdom. Amazing exterior theming with a smaller, less impressive ride inside. Don't get me wrong - I actually don't mind the Little Mermaid ride, but I just had such huge expectations for Avatar. I was hoping for at least a 6 or 7 minute boat ride with very large, impressive show scenes, but that looks doubtful now that I really look at the groundplan.
Disney hasn't put in an e-ticket in Florida in 10 years... you have every right to be skeptical.

KingOfEpicocity

I think the extent they went to make sure that the Little Mermaid building wasn't visible from anywhere inside the park shows Disney's commitment (lately) to making sure the show buildings aren't visible... They had a lot of angles to deal with.

(Though I'll admit the back of the Dumbo tent kills this theory...)

-Rob

Haunted mansion is my favorite example of this!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom