AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member
more Pandora shots from our friends at Parkjourney.com

This picture is interesting. There was a post a few weeks ago that say Hayward Baker Geotechnical Construction was on site. This company does a lot of work with ground stabilization. The two yellow pieced of equipment in the picture appear to be the type of equipment used to do grouting which is a technique for ground stabilization. This picture was taken from behind Rainforest looking south of where CMM was, so it appears that the new land will stretch down into this area.

5779390_orig.jpg

http://www.parkjourney.com/9/post/2...vatar-lion-king-and-super-secret-project.html

dstrawn9889

This picture is interesting. There was a post a few weeks ago that say Hayward Baker Geotechnical Construction was on site. This company does a lot of work with ground stabilization. The two yellow pieced of equipment in the picture appear to be the type of equipment used to do grouting which is a technique for ground stabilization. This picture was taken from behind Rainforest looking south of where CMM was, so it appears that the new land will stretch down into this area.

5779390_orig.jpg

http://www.parkjourney.com/9/post/2...vatar-lion-king-and-super-secret-project.html
i was going to say, if there was only the one tank up, then they might have been setting up a portable cement plant, but with the pressurized drill head it looks a s though you are right. stabilization for something more heavy than a standard foundation may carry... A tower crane foundation?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
i was going to say, if there was only the one tank up, then they might have been setting up a portable cement plant, but with the pressurized drill head it looks a s though you are right. stabilization for something more heavy than a standard foundation may carry... A tower crane foundation?

Stabilization doesn't necessarily mean it's something excessively heavy. They are currently using this technique in a highway project near me to stabilize some land that used to be a pond.

dstrawn9889

ok, i think o know where the picture is showing, that open pasture at the bus entrance to DAK, right, just before the runaway barriers in the asphalt? that would need reinforcement if it was old cropland, cow pasture(soft).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
ok, i think o know where the picture is showing, that open pasture at the bus entrance to DAK, right, just before the runaway barriers in the asphalt? that would need reinforcement if it was old cropland, cow pasture(soft).

Here is where I think the picture was taken from. The arrow starts from where I believe the photographer was and points in the direction of the photo.

av1.jpg

WildcatDen

OK. Pretty quiet on the Avatar front. @Lee or @marni1971 have any news? Recent discussion on losing the boat ride seemed to cause a bit of concern. Is the project still moving on schedule? Sure, when your schedule is a long as this is, it may be hard to say if they are behind or not but I would assume the procurement department is fairly busy lining up the materials and labor to support the build schedule. Speaking of that, any insiders from the procurement side of the house? I have to guess that department is fairly substantial to support the 'World".

twebber55

OK. Pretty quiet on the Avatar front. @Lee or @marni1971 have any news? Recent discussion on losing the boat ride seemed to cause a bit of concern. Is the project still moving on schedule? Sure, when your schedule is a long as this is, it may be hard to say if they are behind or not but I would assume the procurement department is fairly busy lining up the materials and labor to support the build schedule. Speaking of that, any insiders from the procurement side of the house? I have to guess that department is fairly substantial to support the 'World".
Parkjourney.com had a couple nice updates..just basically lots of land clearing

WildcatDen

I'll be honest, personally I'm not asking around about this project. I've not had it confirmed either way about the boat. Last solid news I had was the boat and the Omnimax. And that was a while back.
Thanks for the update. I would be very suprised if it got axed but you never know.

twebber55

I'll be honest, personally I'm not asking around about this project. I've not had it confirmed either way about the boat. Last solid news I had was the boat and the Omnimax. And that was a while back.
just curious
are you not asking your peeps because you could care less about it or this is such hush project that its hard to get info?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom