AVATAR land construction progress

relots

alien Pandora dirt needs to go through customs? :)
That was my thought too :D I just felt it was odd to have that much security for one lone dump truck willed with what appeared to be "plain" dirt. And especially with the strobes on the security vehicles drawing attention I figured it had to be something semi serious o_O

dstrawn9889

semi-serious= opening a non-standard gate that is on show, to an area that is off show. imagine the dumptruck driver left the gate open and unguarded... ppl in park without paying and in a hazardous area. forget adam the 'woo'... adam the 'splattered by offroad forklift'

Bairstow

I saw last week when I was there coming in via bus there were about 3 Disney security vehicles with lights on surrounding a dump truck which appeared to be covered dirt of some type at the gate to the left of where the buses enter. There were a few security cast members standing around but it did not appear to be anything major. Kind of curious as to why there would be a need for 3 of them to be there, with lights on, sitting all around the truck. o_O

Saw this once or twice my last time down there.
Disney security tends to swarm around any stalled vehicles, presumably to make it as visible as possible so that no one runs into them.

Scuttle

No, I don't think any concept art was released. Here is a better over the wall picture that shows the area..

j8rQwGtgBfJpw.JPG
Is that FOLK or Pirates part 2 that looks like the Castillo de San Marcos at St. Augustine. Looks great btw

NoChesterHester

I saw last week when I was there coming in via bus there were about 3 Disney security vehicles with lights on surrounding a dump truck which appeared to be covered dirt of some type at the gate to the left of where the buses enter. There were a few security cast members standing around but it did not appear to be anything major. Kind of curious as to why there would be a need for 3 of them to be there, with lights on, sitting all around the truck. o_O

Why three? Because us crazies are so obsessed with ANYTHING new that we will break all rules to get info.

jdmdisney99

That's not what the bus driver told me.
Speaking of which...
Security Guard I talked to at DAK - "There are four parks now, but there's going to be five soon...We don't know where we're going to put it yet...[but] Avatar is going to be a park in itself."
My Thoughts at the Time - "Sure, buddy. Whatever you say. MEANWHILE, IN CAMP MINNIE-MICKEY

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They believed a lot of stuff that was absolutely wrong. But I will always be hear to remind them. Not that I asked for the responsibility. :in pain:

I don't think we can say either way if a lot of the talk of problems during development were wrong or not. We know the outcome, but nothing about what happened in between, unless someone writes a tell-all book some day. Personally I see no way you put Rohde, Cameron and Disney Management on a project and have it progress smoothly from point A to point B.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom