AVATAR land construction progress

G00fyDad

From a quick read over on the thread about Bob Weis, it seems like those in the know believe this to be a very good thing (Weis taking over and Vaughn leaving).

Anything that brings the focus back to the parks and away from the piggy bank is a good thing. Not sure if this is what will happen, but we need someone that knows the value of investing in the parks and can bring back the standard by which the parks operated 20 years ago.

ToTBellHop

Anything that brings the focus back to the parks and away from the piggy bank is a good thing. Not sure if this is what will happen, but we need someone that knows the value of investing in the parks and can bring back the standard by which the parks operated 20 years ago.
Yes, but budgets ARE important. $1bn on this project is far too much. It'll be beautiful and stunning and a project unlike any we've seen this millennium in WDW, but still. $1bn? For two rides? Absurd. Something must be done.

At least the boat ride has been significantly upgraded over time...should be a bit of a sleeper hit. They learned their lesson after Mermaid. What's on the outside matters but so does what's on the inside. Comparisons to our Pirates (calm down, not DL's or DLP's) are not unreasonable.

spectromagic04

Yes, but budgets ARE important. $1bn on this project is far too much. It'll be beautiful and stunning and a project unlike any we've seen this millennium in WDW, but still. $1bn? For two rides? Absurd. Something must be done.

At least the boat ride has been significantly upgraded over time...should be a bit of a sleeper hit. They learned their lesson after Mermaid. What's on the outside matters but so does what's on the inside. Comparisons to our Pirates (calm down, not DL's or DLP's) are not unreasonable.
You probably have no idea right now, but by a chance do you know how long this ride will be? Does 6 to 8 minutes sound reasonable for this boat ride?

wdwgreek

Certainly under 10 min. And over 5. Hard to say beyond that because they set final ride speed once the ride is done and they choose how long we should see each show scene.
Good to know, now how many millions dollars is that a minute? (JK, but actually a tab bit curious what the budget is for each part of the project)

DisneyRoy

hearing reports Pandora may open early 2017?

Wow! That seems....short. Early 2017 is a year away. As in 365 days. There seems to still be a lot to do. Now who knows what's going on inside. Hopefully a lot. But it still doesn't seem reasonable to me. Not doubting...just hoping you're right (but with a negative outlook). ;)

HauntedMansionFLA

Wow! That seems....short. Early 2017 is a year away. As in 365 days. There seems to still be a lot to do. Now who knows what's going on inside. Hopefully a lot. But it still doesn't seem reasonable to me. Not doubting...just hoping you're right (but with a negative outlook). ;)
Hopefully there will be more site pictures released to us to show progress. Exciting times for DAK. Looking forward to this and all of the new offerings.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Lots of things going on here since I have been on. I wish that it would be finished by the time I go. Too bad, but I am sure I will get to enjoy this.

Next Big Thing

That's always been the date they've been shooting for. I'm just surprised they're still on-target for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom