AVATAR land construction progress

Clamman73

I wonder if this might be some form of overflow area for the boat ride.
*shrugs* That's what I thought at first...that's why I was wondering how deep that area is to actually hold a decent amount of volume. Maybe just for the service area? I don't know if other boat rides like Small world, Pirates and Splash have a service area that's able to drain when the ride section is still full. Not sure how that behind the scenes stuff works...

Next Big Thing

*shrugs* That's what I thought at first...that's why I was wondering how deep that area is to actually hold a decent amount of volume. Maybe just for the service area? I don't know if other boat rides like Small world, Pirates and Splash have a service area that's able to drain when the ride section is still full. Not sure how that behind the scenes stuff works...
Small World, Pirates and Splash all have retention ponds behind the respective attractions.

bjm72385

I'm thinking so. Look at this picture and you can see the concrete footer/retaining wall go at an angle from the front post of the un-enclosed part of the building towards that small entry door on the enclosed part. Definitely gonna have a wall go up here eventually. My guess is an access area to get ride parts inside like the access area on the opposite side that @danlb_2000 pointed out the black pieces may be part of FoP (which I think it is btw). I'm going to be studying these pics all night long lol.
boatride%20track_zpszxqcqr3g.jpg
The more I look at this pic the more I think this is the maintenance bay area bc of how close the track is to the wall that isn't built yet. It'd be kinda hard to put the amount of theming we saw in the concept art in that narrow of a space

doctornick

I know before some have suggested that maybe the boat ride goes outside in front of the two show building to get an outdoor view of the floating mountains and then heads back. Doing so would mean that the trough in front of the show that would (in theory) carry the boats would need to be covered at least at some points with guest paths to walk up to the entrance of Flight of Passage. I can't quite see if there's any gap from the boat ride show building that would allow for the boats to leave the building to go outside.

rioriz

The caption on the picture suggested the ride system could be like pirates in Shanghai. Could be an interesting fit
I just
  1. It is supposed to be a new omnimover boat ride or an underwater controlled boat ride system. The picture attached is of the construction and the track looks the same from what we can see in the picture

I just went to find this pic! Yes it is the same kind of track.

dgp602

View attachment 119775 Also, if you follow that main retaining wall around to the right side where it approaches the show building, you will see what looks to me like two separate entrances/exits possibly for FoP. I have attempted for the first time to draw a diagram of what I think could possibly be the different entrances and exits (Please excuse the fact that it looks like something a 5 year old drew). Green is maybe the entrance to the boat ride, blue is entrance to FoP, and red the possible exit for FoP. I also noticed that if this is the exit path, that it is a gradual slope that would be ADA accessible, and I believe this fits with the pictures of the model from D23.
This is great. WDWMagic has THE best members. Good job guys!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom