AVATAR land construction progress

sedati

Thanks again to everyone keeping us up to date on this amazing project. Looking at the photos from ORL I noticed the beginnings of the magnetic arches that I've also highlighted on this model photo from DaMouse.
Pandora-World-of-Avatar-at-D23-Expo-2015-72.jpg

sedati

Yeah, I just think complaining about the dragon is beyond absurd.
Haven't seen the dragon in person yet, but I was a bit disappointed that there is no movement (except for fire.)
I hope and expect the floating mountains to have some kinetic elements that will give it some life and make it more that just a spectacular formation. The structural steel probably has some built in give so there is probably a slight degree of movement that won't actually be noticeable to the eye, but will allow the structure to flex (like a skyscraper) and not break. Hopefully the smaller, non supporting vines that appear in both the art and model will be soft enough to move and sway in the wind. Water, as seen in the artwork, is also going to help a lot. I think misters could be used higher up to give a bit of atmosphere. Little bits of movement will convince the eye that this is a living environment.

Timothy_Q

Does anyone know if Pandora will have some sort of sign / gates at the entrance like all the other lands have?

And if they'll re-theme the current bridge?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom