AVATAR land construction progress

Eastonm7

If you look at the pictures you will see a number of curved steal beams going from the ground to the steel structure.

View attachment 119573

This is what will support the mountains. They will most likely be disguised as vines.

0402a03fig4.jpg
Okay that's what I assumed but I wasn't sure if the vines went straight to the ground or If the vines went into a mountain that's planted into the ground
Thanks for that!

HauntedMansionFLA

http://orlparkpass.com/ is saying they will have the rest of the aerial pics online tomorrow (Wednesday ) night, but here is one they just put on twitter

View attachment 119564
That's a lot to take in but a great picture. I'm still trying to see if the boat ride goes outside but can't really see anything that tells me that's going to happen. The main building is massive. Can't wait till tomorrow for more pictures come out.

doctornick

Wait until you see the inside. The "boat ride" will be breathtaking and not nearly as short as you have been led to believe. The area's immersion will be beyond anything experiences so far. (SWL will still be even a step above.) I can not stress enough how this will be compared to Carsland in DCA. The TECH is impressive.

*1023*

Do you know if the boat ride will have an outdoor portion?

bjm72385

That's a lot to take in but a great picture. I'm still trying to see if the boat ride goes outside but can't really see anything that tells me that's going to happen. The main building is massive. Can't wait till tomorrow for more pictures come out.
After studying the latest aerial picture for a while, I noticed just how tall that large retaining wall is behind the floating mountains and it got me thinking. If the boat ride does indeed exit the main building at some point, could this possibly be the area that it does, and because this is built up with a retaining wall that looks to be at least to the second floor of the main show building, it will still be all indoors and would make sense why we haven't seen anything to indicate an outdoor portion of the boat ride. It appears to be curved and definitely a large enough area for it to wind back and forth through there. Notice the small yellow dots on the top of this area that are construction workers to get a better sense of the size and scope. This entire project is simply amazing to me!

flyerjab

After studying the latest aerial picture for a while, I noticed just how tall that large retaining wall is behind the floating mountains and it got me thinking. If the boat ride does indeed exit the main building at some point, could this possibly be the area that it does, and because this is built up with a retaining wall that looks to be at least to the second floor of the main show building, it will still be all indoors and would make sense why we haven't seen anything to indicate an outdoor portion of the boat ride. It appears to be curved and definitely a large enough area for it to wind back and forth through there. Notice the small yellow dots on the top of this area that are construction workers to get a better sense of the size and scope. This entire project is simply amazing to me!

I have been wondering about an outdoor portion but have my doubts about it. First, having 2 completely indoor rides with large capacity would be nice for those inclement weather days. Most attractions (not including the indoor shows of course) close in this park when it rains. Also, this ride (from what I have gathered) is designed to show off the bioluminescent foliage of Pandora. That would mean that riding during the day you would transition from night to day to night again at some point which wouldn't make a lot of sense. I suppose the ride could be designed to have the plant-life existing within a cavern but I don't see that as completely plausible. The concept art shows what looks to be huge trees, and why would there be tall trees inside a cave? I had been thinking of how neat it would be to have this be both indoor/outdoor but I just don't see it due to continuity issues. Also, as I stated previously, having two rides completely protected from the Florida elements would be a bonus for this park.

bjm72385

Also, if you follow that main retaining wall around to the right side where it approaches the show building, you will see what looks to me like two separate entrances/exits possibly for FoP. I have attempted for the first time to draw a diagram of what I think could possibly be the different entrances and exits (Please excuse the fact that it looks like something a 5 year old drew). Green is maybe the entrance to the boat ride, blue is entrance to FoP, and red the possible exit for FoP. I also noticed that if this is the exit path, that it is a gradual slope that would be ADA accessible, and I believe this fits with the pictures of the model from D23.

orky8

View attachment 119775 Also, if you follow that main retaining wall around to the right side where it approaches the show building, you will see what looks to me like two separate entrances/exits possibly for FoP. I have attempted for the first time to draw a diagram of what I think could possibly be the different entrances and exits (Please excuse the fact that it looks like something a 5 year old drew). Green is maybe the entrance to the boat ride, blue is entrance to FoP, and red the possible exit for FoP. I also noticed that if this is the exit path, that it is a gradual slope that would be ADA accessible, and I believe this fits with the pictures of the model from D23.

The entrance to FoP is to the left of where you have it - up the hill (i.e., climbing into the mountains.)

See post 2461 for an overhead that shows this.

Last edited:

bjm72385

The entrance to FoP is to the left of where you have it - up the hill (i.e., climbing into the mountains.)

See post 2461 for an overhead that shows this.
I think you are correct. After going back and looking at the pic on that post you referenced, that view clearly shows some blank space where the rock work will be and doesn't connect to the main building, and the entrance looks to be on the elevated portion above what I think will be part of the boat ride on the top area of the retaining wall. So unless they still have to build some other type of ramp or stairs to get up there, I think the queue goes along the retaining wall towards the show building where my blue line is before turning and going back around on top to the entrance that was marked in green on the other post. Too bad we can't get new aerial photos every other week or so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom