AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Here is what it looked like in August. Doesn't help me much. Whatever it is, it's probably going to be backstage.

Capture.JPG

P_Radden

From looking at all the pics, I don't see any signs of the boat ride being outdoors unless part of it is in that big trench directly in front of FoP

flyerjab

I still can't get over how small the people look in those photos. And that boat ride looks bigger than I thought it was going to be. The one thing I am curious about is how they are going to hide that end of the show building where the boat/canoe service bay is. It looks like the mountain range sort of ends there. Probably trees and landscaping I would imagine.

rioriz

So I think this solves one thing possibly...the boat ride will go outside...for a moment before entering the main show building...so much to look at!!

P_Radden

Someone posted a picture a day or two ago that, that smaller mountain was installed already.

I know! It's cool because these pics were taken while it was being installed. You can see it in the top of the top pic in my post!

I can't believe they got these pics on the same day the first floating boulder was being installed. Good timing.

bjm72385

Spoke too soon and realized that the outside uncovered track may just be the boat storage building...still curious as to why it is uncovered though...
Since it is the only part of that side the building that isn't enclosed yet, it's quite possible that the building will be extended to completely cover that area, and for some reason just hasn't been done so yet.

bjm72385

Easy construction access?
I'm thinking so. Look at this picture and you can see the concrete footer/retaining wall go at an angle from the front post of the un-enclosed part of the building towards that small entry door on the enclosed part. Definitely gonna have a wall go up here eventually. My guess is an access area to get ride parts inside like the access area on the opposite side that @danlb_2000 pointed out the black pieces may be part of FoP (which I think it is btw). I'm going to be studying these pics all night long lol.
boatride%20track_zpszxqcqr3g.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom